cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA3102 answer immediately for VOIP-To-PSTN?

kinwai
Level 1
Level 1

i'm trying out this device for home use.

PSTN ----------- SPA3102 --------- Asterisk ----- SIP Client (x-lite)

it seems like when I attempt to call out to the PSTN , the call will be established immediately from the SIP point of view.

From the softphone display, I can see that the counter starts counting immediately. This happens to my DECT phone connected to Line 1 of the SPA as well. From there, I can hear the SPA is dialing (softly) in the backend and finally my mobile rings.

Is it possible for it wait till the PSTN party answer the call before sending the "connect" message in SIP ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no positive supervision (signalling) on the analog pstn line to tell the SPA3102 when the distant pstn phone answers.  The SPA3102 would need logic to listen for voices, etc. on the line and it does not have that logic.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

There is no positive supervision (signalling) on the analog pstn line to tell the SPA3102 when the distant pstn phone answers.  The SPA3102 would need logic to listen for voices, etc. on the line and it does not have that logic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: