Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA3102 back to back howto/questions/dailplan

mutrax_be
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

this is kinda an addon to this thread ( http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/VoIP-Adapters/Connect-back-to-back-2-SPA-3102/td-p/188833 ), but because some issues are unresolved I thought I post my progress so far, and leave some questions for the pros.
So after a whole weekend of googling, I finally managed to connect two spa3102's somewhat how I wanted them to be. I wanted initially to have my home pstn line to ring on both ends of of the bridge... but ended up redirecting if not ansrewed after 15 sec at the first end.

My hardware setup
=================

|PSTN (telenet)| ---rj11 from cablemodem to line---> |spa3102| ===ethernet from internet to lan port AND rj 11 from phone to dect phone===> |linksys wrt160nl (telenet cable internet)| |dect phone| <--- openvpn brige wit same subnet over internet ---> |linksys wrt160nl (belgacom vdsl internet)| ---ethernet from lan port to internet port---> |spa3102| ---rj11 to dect base station ---> |dect phone|

routers
-----------
So the vpn was allready in place. if you have dynamic ip's, get some dns service for the vpn to work. I used dyndns.org. How to flash and confugure the router can be found here; http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/OpenVPN_-_Site-to-Site_Bridged_VPN_Between_Two_Routers
I gave the two spa's a easy dns name and static ip lease on both ends to make configuring easy (service tab).

Oh yeah, flashing will void your routers warranty, so it's your own risk!

spa at home (pstn end) 192.168.3.234
-------------------------------------------------------
this has to be configured by connecting to the "ethernet port" or by dailing in and setting the linksys config menu to enable wan access)
router-> wan setup
connection type : dhcp
enable wan web server : yes

voice-> line1
line enabled : yes
register : no
make call without reg : yes
ans call without reg : yes
dail plan UPDATED:(xx.<:@gw0>|*xx.<:@gw0>| <#5:192.168.3.5:5060> ) ***I intended for all numbers that are dailed to go to pstn , and #5 to dail the other end,and now it works***
enable ip dailing : yes

voice->pstn line
pstn ring thru line 1 : yes
pstn answer delay UPDATE : 255 *** just a high value so that line1 keeps ringing***
cfwd no ans dest : 192.168.3.5:5060
cfwd no and delay UPDATE : 30 ***somehow not in seconds?)

spa at the office  192.168.3.5
-------------------------------

this has to be configured by connecting to the "ethernet port" or by dailing in and setting the linksys config menu to enable wan access)
router-> wan setup
connection type : dhcp
enable wan web server : yes

voice-> line1
dail plan UPDATED:(xx.<:@192.168.3.234:5061> | *xx.<:@192.168.3.234:5061> | <#5:192.168.3.234:5060> )***fThis gives me the same functionality at office end, 0 for pstn line, #5 for the home phones***
enable ip dailing : yes

questions
=========
***Is there a way to create a simple dail plan so that all dailed numbers go to the pstn line, exept anything below 2 digits? the dail plan strings have been giving me a headache the whole weekend, I know there's some logic to it, but I don't get it for now. Is there a good tutorial or does one of you pros want to help me out?

*** Is it possible to have the two phones ringing instead of forwarding them after not answered at phone end?

***Is it possible after you picked up the phone at one end, you forward the call back to the other end?

***I thinh the forward delay is'nt respecting the seconds i setup. am I doing something wrong?

Anyway, thanks in advance, I hope this helps someone, and someone will have some answers in return. I'll be glad to point out some vpn issues, of that I do know something.

Regards,
Ed

Message was edited by: Ed Driesen reason: figured some stuff out;)

1 Reply 1

mutrax_be
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, I figured some stuff out (see above post), I still like to know if there is a way to juggle the pstn back and forth the local and remote line1 . I know this is usually done with a pbx, but for these two phones a dirty trick might do?

Google showed me that making them both ring is kinda impossible. Still like to know if this could work.

PS.sysop: this moved forum doesn't show up in google search results?