cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spa3102- Redialing while on call forwarding.

LoMayoKicksA
Community Member

The call forwarding works fine.  My only problem is when I try to redial if I don't get connected in my first attempt because the line will be busy for one minute.  I will have to wait for one minute before I can redial.

Deatails of how I make the call:  Since the answering machine is set to pick up after 4 rings,  I usually make the phone rings for 2 or 3 times only.  If nobody answers the phone, I will redial but I have to wait for one minute because the line will be busy.   I don't have this kind of a problem if I am in front of the spa3102 and directly use the sip line to dial a number in the USA.  This problem happens only when I am outside the house and I will use the call forwarding by calling my pstn line, punch my pin number then dial the number in USA.   This looks to me as if the unit has not detected that I hang up already or there is some kind of a timer that needs to be set right.

Need some help.....

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

Our devices emulate a standard PSTN set up. If that is working for you, as in this case, based your circumstances, I would change the ‘reorder delay’ (regional tab, control timer values(sec) heading, reorder delay), default is 5, change that to 255. This change should allow the phones to automatically go on hook instead of hearing the busy signal.

Please let me know if this helps.

Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
1-866-606-1866