Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA8800 with Asterisk box issues

opteladmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I really can't seem to find anything related to my problem on the web, so I thought I would ask.

I have some SPA8800 (firmware 6.1.7(GW)) and an Asterisk box (Asterisk 1.8, FreePBX distro). Everything seemed to work fine while I was testing the setup, but some issues have crept up since I went live. Most of the issues seem to have to do with inbound calls and may all be related :

• On occasion, an external caller will get sent to voicemail and leave a message, but the server keeps recording after the caller hangs up. It even keeps recording after another user dials out using the same pstn line and the whole conversation is recorded. That sip channel is only disconnected after that line is idle for 60 seconds due to no RTP activity, otherwise, it would just keep on recording as calls kept comming in and going out. Is there a way I can make sure the SPA8800 disconnects the channel when the caller hangs up?
  • In an on-going call between an internal user and an external caller, a new SIP channel is negotiated on the PSTN line the caller is on out of the blue without the original SIP channel being disconnected. The SPA8800 sends the call the the configured dial-plan which is answered by the asterisk box and sent to the IVR which is heard by both parties mid-call.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Attached are the line config.

1 Reply 1

opteladmin
Level 1
Level 1

Just in case, here are the SIP settings as well.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: