Views
Helpful
Replies

unlocking user owned spa-2100 with admin and user accounts passworded

freeman-a
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community:

i have a linksys spa-2100. it was purchased in 2006 (marking indicates 2005 model). i was using it with Zingotel who is now defunct. they set a lock on the user and admin accounts with a unknown user/password combinations. i have tried all of the IVR and web based reset functions that i can find anywhere on the web and all require a password. since Zingotel is no longer even in business, their phone numbers are dead, their website is gone, etc., there is no way to obtain an unlock or password for it. Miracle Telecom has recently appeared and they claim to be able to use the Zingotel configured devices thus they clearly have the passwords. Miracle claims to have no connection with the former Zingotel, but this is clearly not true OR they have a proceedure to unlock any spa-2100. they would not be able to unlock these devices to use with their services unless they got the codes/passwords from Zingotel or have a method to unlock them.

many web discussions indicate that there is a firmware upgrade/abort during upgrade proceedure to unlock the device. i have also seen pictures of both sides of the board online. these indicate a JP1 which is a three pin jumper with a jumper in the pin 2-3 position. is this a method of hardware reset? i have no issues with opening the box as there are no seal marks, this device is my own, and the warranty is long out of date at any rate.

please advise. if responding, please also CC to my email as well.

freeman-a

20 Replies 20

ring interval -- was - Re: unlocking user owned spa-2100 with admin and user accounts passworded

on                                  Jun 16, 2009 6:26 PM, Patrick Born said:

>Re: unlocking user owned spa-2100 with admin and user accounts passworded

>Hi freeeman-a,

>

>Try modifying the Voice > User > Call Forward Settings > Cfwd No Ans Delay:

>

>This setting affects how long the station should ring for. On my SPA2102, it's at 20 by default for 5.2.5 firmware.

>The SPA2100 firmware is very similar to the SPA2102...

>

>Regards,

>Patrick

i haven't tried that yet, but i will and report back.

thx

freeman-a

Dear Community/Patrick:

we now have a SPA-2100 which was factory configured from another company. it looks like it was from "VoIP", but

the place of origin claims that it was configured for Earthlink.

couple of questions:

how to ID who it was configured for? there is an "EL" on the back, but Earthlink is totally hopeless in figuring out

if this device was configured for them or not.

we are about to purchase about 1000 of these if we can unlock them. i can put them on a bench and such and scope

them out, but Earthlink claims that if we "get an account with them, then they are sure they can unlock it" and BY

REMOTE. they claim that they have no more specific knowledge that they have told us over the phone, but say that

they are sure they can get it to work no matter who it is configured for. all of these things and everything else tells me

that the industry standard line of "there IS no way to unlock these devices" is simply not true.

where to start with this guy splayed open and active on the bench and/or what kind of software tool is Earthlink talking

about using?

Regards, freeman-a

Dear Sir;

If the box is configured to a Service Provider previously, they can unlock it (this is what the sevice is designed to do) in the case the box has been previously configured to fetch its configuration from the Service Provider Configuration Server. This is known as Remote Provisioning.

As said before multiple times. There is no way to unlock the device (if locked) unless you have the admin password or possibilities by remote management to modify it (which means that box has been previously configured - before lock - to point or fetch its configuration from a specific provisioning server). We cannot provide further information to unlock simply because this information does not exist.

My suggestion is that you buy unlocked devices. Make sure you get confirmation that device is unlocked.

Regards;

Alberto

Good afternoon! freeman-a

My name is Anderson and I live in Brazil, have a line 1 with sipura2100 blocked by BroadVoice. A long time I'm trying to unlock it most can not. Would you please send me by e-mail the instructions to unlock it
I would be grateful if can
Thank you very much!

Anderson

It depends, from whom the device is from, all VOIP companies have their own  UN and PWD. Provisioning company has the Key to the device.

Ok

In my case, I need the password of BroadVoice, for nothing you know tell me some forum that could get this information? because search on all forums Brazilians, including Americans such as: http://forum.voxilla.com/ and http://howtounlockvoip.com, but so far nothing.

Suddenly you live in the USA that is easier to obtain that information

I look forward in

Thank you for your attention!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: