cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Watching an intercom button in CME / UC500

bascheew
Level 1
Level 1

The challenge we face is that a customer needs to have buttons that both monitor their users' extensions and act as intercom buttons at the same time.  So I created the intercom DNs like this:

ephone-dn  10

number 270

label User 1 Intercom

intercom 800 no-mute

ephone-dn  11

number 271

label User 2 Intercom

intercom 801 no-mute

And then I attached them to the phones via an overlay on button 1 and then monitored another intercom line from button 2 like this:

ephone 1

device-security-mode none

description User 1

mac-address xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

max-calls-per-button 3

busy-trigger-per-button 2

type 8945

button 1o1,10 2m11

ephone  2

description User 2

type 7975

button  1o2,11 2m10

Button 2 calls the other phone's intercom line just fine, however when the phone is in use the button does not light up.  So I changed button 2 to be a watch button instead of a monitor button:

ephone 1

button 1o1,10 2w11

ephone 2

button 1o2,11 2w10

Button 2 still calls the other phone's intercom line just fine, but now the light is always lit on each phone regardless if the phone is in use or not.  This seems to be a bug, but I wanted to put it out there to see if anyone had any suggestions.  Using IOS 15.2(2)T (which uses CME 9.0) on a 2921.

Thanks!

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot have a button that is both a DN, (intercom or not), and monitor.

I want to make sure I understand you, because by what you are saying sounds like I am trying to overlay a DN and a monitor button which is not what I'm trying to do.

Button 1 is an overlay with the user's normal extension and the user's intercom extension. Button 2 is NOT overlayed and is a monitor or watch button. I have done this in the past with non-intercom DNs without a problem.

Thanks for your time.

I'm not talking abot overlay.

I'm saying you cannot have a smae button that is associated to a DN on which you make and receive calls, and also have it montor another DN, or device. You will need two buttons for this purpose.

I'm not doing that either.  The button that we are trying to monitor from is button 2 and it's only purpose is to monitor another line (or watch another phone).

button 1o1,10 2m11

or

button 1o1,10 2w11

Thank you for your assistance!

But you're trying to watch or montor an overlaid DN.

try

blf-speed-dial xxx name "zzz" device

The blf-speed-dial command works fine as a speeddial to the intercom line, but it will not light up when the phone is in use.  I even tried seperating the intercom DN from button 1 and putting it on a secondary button and that doesn't work either.

I don't think there is a way to have a button call an intercom dn and have that same button light up when the remote phone is in use. 

Thanks for your help.

What is the icon close to the label? If only a keypad, then allow-watch and/or presence are not configured.

It must be a small phone over a keypad for monitoring to work.

The icon is a phone with the lines coming out from the left of the phone.  When I do "show presence subscription summary" I get the following output showing an "unknown" status:

2921#show presence subscription summary

Presence Active Subscription Records Summary: 53 subscription

D indicate as device-based blf-speed-dial monitoring

Watcher                    Presentity               SubID  Expires SibID  Status
========================== ======================== ====== ======= ====== ======
D 210@10.0.2.107           271@10.0.2.1             108849 3600    0      unknown

If I change the BLF to watch a non-intercom DN on that same phone then the status shows "idle" instead of "unknown" and the icon is a phone over a keypad.  It just seems that BLF won't work on an intercom DN.

Here is the relevant portion of the config.  Ephone 2 is trying to monitor button 2 on ephone 1 and it doesn't work.  If I change it to monitor button 1 (which is a normal DN) it works fine. 

presence

presence call-list

watcher all

allow subscribe

!

sip-ua

presence enable

!

ephone-dn  2  dual-line

number 211

cti watch

allow watch

call-forward busy 600

call-forward noan 600 timeout 20

mwi sip

!

ephone-dn  3

number 271

label Intercom

intercom 801 no-mute

allow watch

!
!

ephone  1

ephone-template 10

presence call-list

type 7975

button  1:2 2:3

!

ephone  2

max-calls-per-button 3

busy-trigger-per-button 2

presence call-list

blf-speed-dial 1 271 label "Intercom" device

type 8945

button  1:1

Thank you for your help.

I just discovered that if I put the intercom button on line 1 as the primary line that the blf-speed-dial works with an intercom DN.

From the manual for blf-speed-dial:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_b1ht.html#wp1049326

This command enables a phone to monitor the status of a line associated with a speed-dial button. The "device" keyword enables BLF monitoring of the phone for which the watched directory number is the primary line. This allows watchers to monitor whether a user is on the phone, not just on an individual line on the phone.

The problem with this however is that I need the primary line for the users' normal extension and not a speed dial button.  I tried to overlay underneath the intercom DN the normal extension and the BLF still works, however when you pick up the phone it calls the intercom speed dial.

Any other ideas?  Thank you!

------------ Update-----------

This is also the case for a watch button.  Watch only works on the primary line.  If the number you are monitoring is not the primary line then the button will always show as off-hook on the watching phone.

----------------------------------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: