cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRP400 - How to have incoming calls on line1 also ringing on line 2 ?

quickborn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I guess it's a newbie question, but I really read all the documentation and couldn't find a solution to my problem : when I get an incoming call on line1 I would like to be able to pick it up on line2 or on line1, but dont' know how to have both phones ringing...

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Best regards,

Jerome

4 Replies 4

mihagan
Level 1
Level 1

The two FXS ports on the WRP400 are specifically dedicated to their respective SIP lines so incoming calls on Line 1 will only ring the phone connected to FXS 1. With the WRP400 you cannot pick a call from Line 1 up from the phone connected to FXS 2.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer ! Maybe I'll explain my problem and there's - hopefully - a way to solve it :

I have two voip accounts, one for the incoming calls which is on line2 and the other one for the outgoing calls which is on line1, so is there a way to redirect all incoming calls from line2 to line1 ? So that I don't need to use 2 different phones (one for the incoming call and the other one for the outgoing). Note that I sometimes need to make outgoing calls with line2 (the 0800 for example).

Best regards,

Jerome

If you just want all incoming calls on Line 2 to forward to Line 1 then you can do the following.

Go under Voice>User 2

You will see the call forward settings at the very top of the page. Just enter the phone number for Line 1 in the field for "Cfwd All Dest". This will forward any incoming call to ring Line 1 instead of hitting the phone on Line 2. From what you described in your last post I believe this is what you are looking for.

Hello,

Yes that's exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't put the phone number of line 1 as it's my mobile phone number (and guess it'll call my mobile phone number). I've read on the web that there's a trick to redirect the incoming calls from line2 on line1 using the function cfwd all dest with something like userid@sipprovider:portnumber , I tried but it didn't work unfortunately... So do you know what I should put in order to redirect all incoming calls from line2 on line1 ?

Best regards and thanks in advance for your answer,

Jerome