cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRP400 - How to have incoming calls on line1 also ringing on line 2 ?

quickborn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I guess it's a newbie question, but I really read all the documentation and couldn't find a solution to my problem : when I get an incoming call on line1 I would like to be able to pick it up on line2 or on line1, but dont' know how to have both phones ringing...

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Best regards,

Jerome

4 Replies 4

mihagan
Level 1
Level 1

The two FXS ports on the WRP400 are specifically dedicated to their respective SIP lines so incoming calls on Line 1 will only ring the phone connected to FXS 1. With the WRP400 you cannot pick a call from Line 1 up from the phone connected to FXS 2.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer ! Maybe I'll explain my problem and there's - hopefully - a way to solve it :

I have two voip accounts, one for the incoming calls which is on line2 and the other one for the outgoing calls which is on line1, so is there a way to redirect all incoming calls from line2 to line1 ? So that I don't need to use 2 different phones (one for the incoming call and the other one for the outgoing). Note that I sometimes need to make outgoing calls with line2 (the 0800 for example).

Best regards,

Jerome

If you just want all incoming calls on Line 2 to forward to Line 1 then you can do the following.

Go under Voice>User 2

You will see the call forward settings at the very top of the page. Just enter the phone number for Line 1 in the field for "Cfwd All Dest". This will forward any incoming call to ring Line 1 instead of hitting the phone on Line 2. From what you described in your last post I believe this is what you are looking for.

Hello,

Yes that's exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't put the phone number of line 1 as it's my mobile phone number (and guess it'll call my mobile phone number). I've read on the web that there's a trick to redirect the incoming calls from line2 on line1 using the function cfwd all dest with something like userid@sipprovider:portnumber , I tried but it didn't work unfortunately... So do you know what I should put in order to redirect all incoming calls from line2 on line1 ?

Best regards and thanks in advance for your answer,

Jerome

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: