Views
Helpful
Replies

WRP400 stops responding after browsing certain websites

rgp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi support

We are a danish ISP who use Linksys RTP300 and WRP400 routers as CPE equitment. Trough our Danish Cisco contact (Henrik Bønnelycke) we have been told to discuss our prolems with the WRP400 router here.

Our problem is that the router seems quite unstable at many customers (who have no problem with RTP300). In the last few months we have been forced to replace a large amount of routes because the WRP400 just router stops responding (Cannot ping LAN+WAN interface, phone dead) while browsing certain websites fx. http://www.nordjyske.dk. At the time we are not able to repoduce the error here i the office and the problem are only at some customers.

At the begining we testet if the customers NIC was the source to the failure but as I see it it is not the case. We have tryid to exchange the customers NIS card and the problem was the same. Together with the fact that it works with a RTP300 router we must conclude something must be wrong with the WRP400.

From my point of view the problem could be related to the router content filter, activex filter or something like that when all the customers all have the problem on certain websites.

Please help we replaces 10-20 WRP400 routes every week right now and have no faith let for the WRP400 router.

Danmark.

René Gjerlev Pedersen

Driftstekniker

Bredbåndnord I/S

218 Replies 218

I will forward your info to the dev group.

Dev is asking if the 2nd alternative worked out.

Set upstream bandwidth to actual deployment bandwidth.

The upstream bandwidth can also be provisioned via xml profile. Please refer
to the admin guide or release note for details.

No succes. Every time we make a change in QoS it helps for at short while but we have seen the problems with VoIP dropouts both with QoS disabled and with QoS enabled, upstream set to actuel bandwith and a VoIP Application (prioaty high) added on our sip ports.

Best Regards

René

We have tried this with our customers too.

Actually, if you choose qos and have set Internet Access Priority to Disabled earlier,
which solves the problem for a short while, you can benefit from changing the setting
from Disabled to Enabled and saving afterwards. This tells me that either the visual settings
are not correctly applied or it's just the saving of the settings, that makes the router change
or remove an overload temporarily.

I am beginning to receive some mails from our customers now, with an unpleasent tone,
because this problem for some, has been an issue for months.. I am unable to explain why this
problem is so difficult to fix and how come the WRP400 routers have not yet been determined as
unusable for voip. How long are we surposed to keep paying customers in the dark here?

Forgive my harsh tone, but in my world, if I buy something that doesn't work as it's surposed to,
I'll be damned if I will just sit back and wait for a solution for months. Would you? I would get my
money back and buy a different product that actually works, if the manufactorer is unable to come
up with a solution within a reasonable amount of time or exchanging the router to a fully operational
model. My criticism may or may not be valid, but I can and will not continue to take the heat for this
issue and not even have an idea of when this problem is solved at the latest.
I am of course willing to test any suggestions with our customers, but I do need something now, as in
this week. The current situation is simply not acceptable, as I hope you agree with me.

I've passed word to dev.  Please send htm saved file of the router side as dev wants to see router config.  Thanks.

I've passed the word to dev.  They want to see your router config on the unit.  The zip file that was enclosed previously contained the voice side.  Please send htm saved file of the router side, I'll pass on to them.  Thanks.

In this tread I have 2 times provided det Router configuration, it is a suprise for me if you guys from Linksys have not looked at it yet. The Linksys.zip file provided earlyer have a file WRP400_1.01.00_loebet_3.cfg that contains the router configuration.

Regards

René

Bredbaand Nord I/S

They were unable to look at it due to config asking for password.  Dev comment below.

---

Within the attachment, there’s a router config, we’ve loaded the config, however; we noticed that the default administration password has been changed, would you please request the administration password from the customer?

Please save the router config without the admin password.

On the router remote management is enabled so blank password is not possible. The password works only with this one router so here it is: TOQOZB8U

The first .cfg provided earlyer in this forum has default admin password.

Regards Rene

Forwarded to dev, thanks.

We are running an ITSP, and we have 200 users that us the WRP400 and more than 50% have to reboot it frequently

We use the 1.01.00 firmware

We have exactlly the same symptom

* Download and upload bitrate become very slow

* Audio disappear in voice communication

* the QOS thing don't help in any case

Our solution for now it to tell the customer to disconnect and reconnect the router from time to time from the electrecity it's very annoying

And we pray for a new firmware release soon.

BR

I've been informed that dev is working with two ITSP's on this and we are hoping to have a test build for them, so that we can confirm a fix for this.  When confirmed that this is good, it will be in the next release.

Hi,

Can you send me this version to test it please

BR

Lirone

Dev comments

--

Can you also clarify with this customer that they're only experiencing voice cut off issue with customers who are on the PPPoE connection?

----

Please let me know, thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: