Views
Helpful
Replies

WRP400 stops responding after browsing certain websites

rgp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi support

We are a danish ISP who use Linksys RTP300 and WRP400 routers as CPE equitment. Trough our Danish Cisco contact (Henrik Bønnelycke) we have been told to discuss our prolems with the WRP400 router here.

Our problem is that the router seems quite unstable at many customers (who have no problem with RTP300). In the last few months we have been forced to replace a large amount of routes because the WRP400 just router stops responding (Cannot ping LAN+WAN interface, phone dead) while browsing certain websites fx. http://www.nordjyske.dk. At the time we are not able to repoduce the error here i the office and the problem are only at some customers.

At the begining we testet if the customers NIC was the source to the failure but as I see it it is not the case. We have tryid to exchange the customers NIS card and the problem was the same. Together with the fact that it works with a RTP300 router we must conclude something must be wrong with the WRP400.

From my point of view the problem could be related to the router content filter, activex filter or something like that when all the customers all have the problem on certain websites.

Please help we replaces 10-20 WRP400 routes every week right now and have no faith let for the WRP400 router.

Danmark.

René Gjerlev Pedersen

Driftstekniker

Bredbåndnord I/S

218 Replies 218

The beta build didn't resolve the issue.  We are currently working with a partner to resolve this issue.  When this is fixed, I'll post the info.  Thank you.

Any updates on this yet?

--
Alain Brunet
Vianet Internet Solutions
Voice & Network Operations

Our partner reproduced the issue on a debug build and dev is looking at the logs on that.  I hope to see a fix in the next few days.

Hi, we are an italian ITSP. We have the same issues with WRP400. Many customers hear about 5 seconds of silence many times during conversation and during normal surfing WRP400 stops responding. With different router (linksys SPA2102 or other vendor) the problem doesn't occur. Please, if you fix this problem, update me too.

Best regards.

any update about the issue?

we are reflashing 20 wrp400/day (it is the only way to workaround the issue for some time).

The fix is disperately needed.

regards

Ros

Dev is working hard on fixing this.  Thank you for your patience.

after more then a week, is there any update about this fix?

regards

Ros

This is still being worked on.  Thanks for your patience.

Work harder ... work also during weekends .. we need the update! 

Have a good weekend;)

Regards
Nicklas

I agree.

Just a bit of news though, the development group working on this work in China and Chinese New Year is now starting....I believe they have a week off.

very very disappointed about the handling of this issue.

For months  we were complaining that something is wrong about this product......

And when you fund this issue there is so much time need to fix it.

Very Very disappointed.

In any other company focused on customer's satisfaction the issue could have been fixed in days not months.

I don't trust in you any more.

regards

Ros

Dev and two service providers have been testing various fixes these past several weeks, while they are getting closer (reducing the cutoffs), it's still not quite there.

Has anybody tried out the beta firmware WRP400_v1.01.01_000_021210_1724_beta.zip  ?   I believe it does fix the voice problem but on the downside I'm getting complaints that people have to reboot their routers after a few days because their speeds drop to 300kbps on a 15mbps connections.  Once the router is rebooted speeds are back to normal for a few days.

Anybody else have this problem?

I think its time too see some results or its monny back time.

It all sound like a hardware failure..

Progress is being made as our service provider beta testers are giving great feedback on the beta version.  Tweaks are still being made as they find niggling things as the fix for audio cutoff is almost complete.