Views
Helpful
Replies

WRP400 stops responding after browsing certain websites

rgp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi support

We are a danish ISP who use Linksys RTP300 and WRP400 routers as CPE equitment. Trough our Danish Cisco contact (Henrik Bønnelycke) we have been told to discuss our prolems with the WRP400 router here.

Our problem is that the router seems quite unstable at many customers (who have no problem with RTP300). In the last few months we have been forced to replace a large amount of routes because the WRP400 just router stops responding (Cannot ping LAN+WAN interface, phone dead) while browsing certain websites fx. http://www.nordjyske.dk. At the time we are not able to repoduce the error here i the office and the problem are only at some customers.

At the begining we testet if the customers NIC was the source to the failure but as I see it it is not the case. We have tryid to exchange the customers NIS card and the problem was the same. Together with the fact that it works with a RTP300 router we must conclude something must be wrong with the WRP400.

From my point of view the problem could be related to the router content filter, activex filter or something like that when all the customers all have the problem on certain websites.

Please help we replaces 10-20 WRP400 routes every week right now and have no faith let for the WRP400 router.

Danmark.

René Gjerlev Pedersen

Driftstekniker

Bredbåndnord I/S

218 Replies 218

They are looking at the fax issue and data throughput issue that the voice cutoff fix seems to have introduced.

I've loaded new WRP400 official firmware 2.00.20 but I found new problems.
The WRP400 doesn't detect fax CED tone and so fax trasmissions fail (tested with HP 5785 fax).
I've rollback to beta version 2.00.11 where this issue is not present.

I hope in a final stable software.

Dear Sir,

Can you please provide your WRP400 voice configuration and if possible the configuration of your HP 5785 FAX device.

Thank you

In attached you can find our WRP400 configuration file.
The HP fax is configured with ECM and V.34 turned off.

With firmware 2.00.20 the device doesn't recognize fax tone. In the first INFO page of WRP the filed "Call 1 FAX" shows "No" and so the fax trasmission fails.

After downgrade to 2.00.11 the fax works right. "Call 1 FAX" shows "YES" during communication.

We have about 3000 WRP400 and about 8000 SPA2102 deployed in our optical fiber and Hiperlan radio network.
This problem is present only on WRP400 devices.

I ask you to find a quick solution.

In opposite case in the future  we will stop to buy Linksys devices.

lennert1986
Level 1
Level 1

Hellooooo..... Wake up Cisco.... ! Half a year has gone now.

No! Sorry... One YEAR....

Apr 20, 2009

Apr 22, 2010

Cisco are a looking like a complete joke. How unprofessional can you possibly be??

Great job guys - NOT.

george.sobotik
Level 1
Level 1

Hello gentelman, have somebody of you try to downgrade to fw. version lover than 1.00.06? My device also had the problem with small voice cutoffs and data throughtput, not only from LAN to WAN, also within all computers in LAN. All fw. from 1.00.06 higher up to 2.00.05 was not solving all the problems. Then I downgraded to fw. 1.00.04c and from that point seems the problems are gone. Original fw in the device delivered from supplayer had version 1.00.00 and as I remeber well I had no problems at all, they start after I made fw. upgrades... Maybe it will help somebody. Good luck and help each other, because CISCO as all of the others, wats only to sell and get money, the rest is NOT worthy for them...

George

PS: Sorry for my bad English

chemik_13
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have just registered to post this reply. Back in Feb I have updated my WRP400 from 1.00.04c to 2.00.05. All went well but the router would crash from time to time and I was not able to surf the web. Other traffic was working ok (FTP, SSH, VNC and remote desktop). Just recently this fault would occur more often (sometimes twice a day). I have reverted back to 1.00.04c yesterday as this firmware was working OK for me for years (I have bought WRP400 with this fw). It looks like this is going to work OK. I will post another reply in week or two to let you know if its all OK.

Cheers,

Chris

chemik_13
Level 1
Level 1

so far so good... no problems at all with 1.00.04c fw

Hi,

we are an italian ISP, we have many many WRP400 on our customers and they soffer of problem of stop ... We have tried v1.01 , v1.00.06 and 2.05, but this don't solve the issue.

Can somebody supply v1.00.04c of firmware? I'm not able to download it from cisco web site.

thanks for help!

Daniele

Hi

There you go:

http://rapidshare.com/files/414669034/WRP400_v1.00.04.c_ETSI.zip

BTW: I'm still OK on this firmware, no problems whatsoever

Seems like a new firmware is going to be released soon:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2035578?tstart=0

In my case the block is due to SIP attack from external IP that try many time to find righet user e pwd ofor SIP login: this attempts block device (it's very expensive, and the hardware .... :-((

the solution is block this attempt using a firewall, I don't think this is possible trought the firewall integrated in WRP400!

chemik_13
Level 1
Level 1

That's good. If it doesn’t work I can always go back to 1.00.04c which proves to be stable.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi,

anyone can describe me how to collect log of WRP400 using an external syslog server? I don't find any way using web GUI!

thanks

Daniele

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: