Views
Helpful
Replies

WRP400 stops responding after browsing certain websites

rgp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi support

We are a danish ISP who use Linksys RTP300 and WRP400 routers as CPE equitment. Trough our Danish Cisco contact (Henrik Bønnelycke) we have been told to discuss our prolems with the WRP400 router here.

Our problem is that the router seems quite unstable at many customers (who have no problem with RTP300). In the last few months we have been forced to replace a large amount of routes because the WRP400 just router stops responding (Cannot ping LAN+WAN interface, phone dead) while browsing certain websites fx. http://www.nordjyske.dk. At the time we are not able to repoduce the error here i the office and the problem are only at some customers.

At the begining we testet if the customers NIC was the source to the failure but as I see it it is not the case. We have tryid to exchange the customers NIS card and the problem was the same. Together with the fact that it works with a RTP300 router we must conclude something must be wrong with the WRP400.

From my point of view the problem could be related to the router content filter, activex filter or something like that when all the customers all have the problem on certain websites.

Please help we replaces 10-20 WRP400 routes every week right now and have no faith let for the WRP400 router.

Danmark.

René Gjerlev Pedersen

Driftstekniker

Bredbåndnord I/S

218 Replies 218

Hi, I'll need a specific email address, not a general support address to send the beta software to.  Thanks!

Sorry! send it to me directly then chernandez at babytel.ca.

Thanks and happy new year!

may i receive the beta too (ETSI version)?

my email address is rpingar@convergenze.it

We are fighting with wrp400 too. Hope to find the solution too.

Regards

Rosario

I'm confirming with the product engr as to whether we have a release version ready for this.  Thanks.

I have confirmation from the product engr that we have a release version with the fix.  It will posted on the Cisco.com site after going through a few more verifications.  Thank you.

Thank you, could you post a link, in this forum, to this firmware download once it's been posted?

Regards,

Dan

I've been told that it will posted online within 10-14 days. Thanks!

Hi,

Would some kind person please email the latest beta (ETSI) firmware for the WRP400 to eastcork75 (a) ymail.com - I have a few customers struggling with the WRP400 and 10-14 days is a long time in politics!!

Thanks in advance

Malcolm

Hi

Could you please send me a download link too, i have also big problems with wrp400 voice drop out

ygryt@stofanet.dk   europe version.

any new news about firmware release???

thanks

Ros

There's been a hold placed on it as one of the test customers have reported the 'fix' hasn't worked for them.

so let us try the latest beta too!

rpingar (at) convergenze (dot) it

regards

Rosario

We are hardly hit by this issue, with over 800 wrp400 installed.

Please give us the possibility to test the lates beta.

regards

Rosario

up!

We are currently testing WRP400 and are experiencing the same exact problems.

Can someone please e-mail me the beta code to alain@vianet.ca 

And does anybody have an idea when it will be officially released?

--
Alain Brunet
Vianet Internet Solutions
Voice & Network Operations

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: