Views
Helpful
Replies

WRP400 Voice no audio

perapapak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have following situation. Asterisk as PBX and 2 SPA942 and 1 PAP2 with 2 analog phones connected. All is working prefectly until we added WRP400 to replace PAP2. Analog phones connected to WRP400 are registered on Asterisk. They are ringing on call but no audio on both sides. SPA 942 connected to WRP400 haven't any problem and PAP2 connected to the WRP400 with both analog phones is working perfectly but only voice piece of WRP400 isn't working.

We have checked configuration of voice piece of WRP400 many time and it seems all properly configured. An port forwarding or firewall issue couldn't be because SPA942 and PAP2 connected to the WRP400 are working fine. Firmware upgrade doesn't solved our problem.

Have you any idea what could be the problem? Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english because isn't my mother language.

Best regards,

Pera

32 Replies 32

Maybe the problem is the complete IP setting.

You make the device requesting DHCP on the (blue) Internet port, that is not connected, but also specify DNS servers that are outside of your LAN. This messes things up with unexpecting behaviour I guess. The other SPAs e.g. don't even reply to **** if they had this setting.

So, change the external mode to Static IP and enter an unused local network address (e.g. 192.168.199.12). Next enter your routers IP address (internal) in one of the DNS fields or add an extra route entry (that's advanced configuration). It may work now already.

IMHO it is definitely better to connect the WRP400 to the blue internet port instead to the LAN ports! What else are you using your WRP400 for? Just as ATA and network switch? The device is not intended for this use, so don't bother it for being complicated in your case :-)

Best luck!

Eik

Hi,

I just tired but it seems WRP400 don't accept this configuration or I did something wrong. See attached files.

I use WRP as WLAN and 3G access point ans ATA. One device instead two (wlan access point + PAP2).

Regards,

Pera

Yes, the WAN network and the LAN network MUST NOT be the same. I.e. if the LAN network shall be 192.168.1.0 (IPs range from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254) then WAN network must be different, for example 192.168.2.0. That's why I suggest this 'strange' IP address in my last message.

Try it again with this information and don't forget to set the DNS to your actual router.

By the way, the site configuration you are trying to set up really is not trivial and even sometimes IT profs (the 'light' ones :-) fail in doing so!

Best regards,

Eik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: