cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we Use Jabber SDK for IM on a web server

rahulsadhan
Level 4
Level 4

Trying to work out a program in which an email will trigger a jabber chat for that to happen , will need to run the Jabber IM chat 'jabberwerx.js'

on node.js

My question is node.js compatible with Jabber IM API ?

Is there any other way to run Jabber IM API   from a server instead of it requiring a user  input  from a webpage to send chat ?

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CAXL SDK (jabberwerx.js) relies heavily on jQuery and the browser DOM, so I don't think it will work via node.js (in any case it is not tested/supported with it.)

For server side IM&P, you will likely want to look at a 3rd party XMPP library appropriate to your platform and language of choice.  XMPP.org keeps a running list here (note, Cisco does not recommend or directly support any specific 3rd party XMPP library:) https://xmpp.org/software/libraries.html

Any documentation on how to deal with SSO with these 3rd party libraries?   Being able to send IM (to individuals or persistent chat rooms) from a server event is huge.

rahulsadhan
Level 4
Level 4

I have used node-xmpp  library and its working fine (although its without SSO)   , I think it can support  SSO also , by enabling modules like passport.

However I am not sure , if Cisco IMP server supports SSO yet 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: