Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Can't be run in windows 8.1 with IE 11

chao guo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

we used the jabber sdk to develop the function of voice and video call, we find that jabber sdk can not run on windows 8.1 and IE 11.

Voice and Video SDK  version is 3.1.2, Jabber browser  SDK add-on version is 3.1.2

Thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chao guo
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for all, I have solve the problem, Using the V11 Jabber SDK , plugin for chrome, jabber plugin.

the most important point is the jabber sample static page should run in the server, can not be accessed directly by internet explore.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the nature of the error - can you provide some details?

Can you try the latest release of the plugin/SDK - v11?

OK, I  will try it,using the plugin V11

In previous test,there are no any error show on the web page.

thanks a lot

I try to using the plugin V11,but this plugin can not be identified by IE, the error is "can not initialize the phone,the plugin is unavailable"

plugin.png

I only find the extension for chrome

thanks a lot

I don't have Windows 8.1 to test, but I know that Internet Explorer is very picky about what extensions are allowed to run.  You may want to look at your security settings to see if that's what is blocking the plugin. 

I try to change the security settings to the lowest configuration in order to allow all the external program or scripts to run, but the jabber plugin also can not be identified.

and also I try to using the newest version of chrome,and install the extension application for jabber on the chrome, when I using the chrome to open the jabber application, any of the plugin can be identified include cwic version, cisco unified communication system release version,jquery version and so on.

like the following picture show when I using the chrome to running jabber V11 version

1.png

Thanks a lot

by the way, I used the windows 8.1 Pad to test.

when I using the sample of the "JabberSDK-3.0.0.60985" what is the elder version of jabber sample,  the function of Jabber Call is OK, but the camera of pad can not be invoked by the web jabber.

That sounds like an incompatibility with the camera driver on your Windows tablet, or maybe Jabber is confused if you have a front and rear camera.  Please test with the latest version of Jabber SDK, and if the camera still doesn't work, tell us the exact make and model of your tablet and I can report the problem. 

Seconding advice to test with the latest versions of OS, plugin, SDK JS files.  I believe there is (or was) a known issue with Windows 8 tablet video drivers and incompatibility with Jabber SDK - if testing with the latest doesn't help, you may need to provide the Jabber plugin softphone.log: https://developer.cisco.com/site/jabber-websdk/develop-and-test/voice-and-video/troubleshooting/

Due to potentially sensitive info in the log - and to ensure proper tracking and troubleshooting support - you may want to open a DevNet Developer Support ticket to investigate further: Cisco DevNet: Support

I using the newest version of jabber sdk v11, unified communication plugin V11 and sample code of V11, I get the error like the following shows:

chrome.png

I also try to using the plugin version of "JabberSDK-browser_addon_for_Windows-WebVersion9.3_MR2", the jabber call is  ok, but the video can not be invoked.

the attachment is the log when I using the plugin of V11.

thanks for warm help

my test step like the following:

1:  Jabber SDK V 11 +  Unified Communication Plugin V11 +  IE11 + Windows 8.1 OS (using chrome with chrome extension)

result: jabber call and video call can not be used

2:  Jabber SDK V11 +  Unified Communication Plugin 9.3_MR2 + IE11 + Windows 8.1 OS(using chrome with chrome extension)

result: jabber call is ok , video call can not be used, the camera of windows pad can not be invoked

my tablet  is Lenovo  windows 8.1

thanks for help

We'll need something more specific than "Lenovo".  Do you know the model number for the tablet?  Also, I encourage you to open a Cisco DevNet: Support ticket, since that's the way to get a defect fixed if it turns out to be a defect in the software.

!information of this pad:

(Lenovo)Miix3-1030Z3735F648WB 10inch

Do you have any feedback about this problem, thanks a lot

Please open a support ticket here, Cisco DevNet: Support so I can get the engineers involved in the case.  Thanks!