Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Subscription expires after after 68 minutes

glagidse1
Level 1
Level 1

As described on this page:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_5/CJAB_BK_C9858CC7_00_cisco-jabber-features-guide/CJAB_BK_C9858CC7_00_cisco-jabber-features-guide_chapter_010.html

If you subscribe to the presence of a person who is not on your contact list (also called temporary presence subscription), the subscription expires after 68 minutes. After the subscription expires, you must re-subscribe to the person’s presence in order to continue to receive presence updates.

I'm confused about two things:

1. How can I find out if a user is in my contact list from javascript if I have his/her IM address?

2. How can I be notified when a subscription has expired?

It seems unclear how to accomplish these things by reading the documentation, what am I missing?

2 Replies 2

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

jabberwerx.EntitySet.entity(jid, node)

Fetch method for any known-existing jabberwerx.Entity object. If the object does not already exist, `undefined` is returned.

That should tell you if the contact is in your EntitySet.  If you don't get 'undefined' as a result, that means that contact is in your roster. The "node" is optional, and you don't need to provide it. 

I don't know about subscriptions expiring, though.  I'll see what I can find about that.

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can't find any API that notifies you want a subscription has expired.