Views
Helpful
Replies

Click to Dial using Jaber SDK for Browser-Browser communication

adi323001
Level 1
Level 1

Scenario:

User visits a website containing phone numbers. The phone numbers should be highlighted (eg. by hyperlink). User wants "Click -to-Call" functionality available. User clicks on the number and using Jabber SDK, voice and video communication can be initiated.

Problem:

The video on the website to embed softphone in a web application seems to be not useful. I am able to highlight the numbers using regex expressions. But when the user clicks,I am unable to understand how the click function should call the jabber sdk to initiate communication.

I have developed a cross browser add-on to detect phone numbers, but got stuck on how to proceed further.

Hope my question is clear to all.

Cheers,

Adi

3 Replies 3

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Adi,

I would request you to refer this url - Re: Jabber - click 2 call on number hyperlink from browsers for related information.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Thank you for the link. I have already gone through the link provided by you ,but it focuses on extension already been built. Using Jabber SDK ,I want the communication should be browser based. The telify add-on uses the jabber for windows app which is installed in the users system.

Cheers,

Adi

Hi Adi,

The SDK plugin needs to be initiated. And the SDK should be able to login ->  register -> call the number

You can refer to this embed softphone video to automate the login and register part.

https://developer.cisco.com/site/collaboration/jabber/websdk/learn/voice-and-video-how-to/embed-softphone/

Once the end user is connected to the softphone that is associated, the call can be made by passing the tel number.

Regards,

Howard