Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS webRTC control panel

Dfahlenkamp1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm busy developing a web portal for our cloud hosted solution. This web portal includes coSpace control like locking of coSpaces, disconnecting and muting participants without actually joining the call from the laptop.

The problem comes in when the organizer would like to join the meeting using the web client and control the coSpace. The user would have to either log in using the CMS login, he will then get to the Web Client where he needs to click on the Join call button. this is not optimal and it seems that there is no way to disable these steps.

Is there any way I could remove the entire control panel that you are presented with when joining the call via WebRTC ? I would then create my own control panel and load the webRTC client in an iframe.

3 Replies 3

ronlewis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The WebRTC CMA client does not allow for customization to hide controls like mute......if you are creating a portal for control, then the client should use a standards based SIP client to call in too the meeting where the controls with WebRTC/CMA are not available.

Ron Lewis

Cisco

Hi Ron,

Never thought of using a web based sip client. Will look into this.

Thank you for the suggestion, very helpful

Hi Ron,

So I got the web based SIP client to work, however is there any way for me to include a XMPP client as well for chat ? I can use an existing xmpp code library but don't know how to register it to CMS and how to point it to the correct chat. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: