Views
Helpful
Replies

Cobrowse quality issue

vojtech.koukal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a working deployment of REM 10.6(1) in multinode mode, not using Finesse.

My deployment needs to support cobrowse-only scenario, so I'm looking into developing custom agent-side application (just for cobrowsing, no video at all). I downloaded sample agent-side SDK application from DevNet and deployed it on the server.

When I create the cobrowse only session (using correlation ID) the shared customer's screen is blurry - please see attached image.

But when I make a call from the same demo assist page as before (/assistsample) to bundled Expert assist console (/expertassist/agent) the image is absolutely clear. So the problem is probably related to Sample Agent assist sdk.

In Web administration portal I have tried to play around with the "Image Quality Scale Factor", but any settings has no effect at all (tried values from 0.1 to 1).

This problem is maybe related to setting the canvas size on agent-side, but I can't figure what do to.

I tried to look in source code of the bundled Expert assist console, but with no luck at all.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything in the docs related to this issue.

Thanks for any help

Vojta

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for the information.  Can you try setting the following property on the configuration object that is passed into AssistSDK.startSupport(configuration):

• configuration.scaleFactor = 1

If you have done it as it is in the docs then the snippet would be:

• AssistSDK.startSupport({"destination":"agent1", "scaleFactor":"1"});

They scaleFactor is a value between 1 and 0.  Try a few different values and let me know if you see any difference when doing co-browse only.

Thanks

Hugh

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

huliving
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vojtech Koukal,

When you make the call that is clear, does that contain video?

Also how are you initiating the co-browse only session?

Thanks

Hugh Livingstone

Hi Hugh,

thanks for your reply.

Yes, the clear cobrowsing session is made with video - that is, at first the video session between consumer and agent is established and then the agent sends cobrowsing request to customer. I didn't find how to use the bundled Expert assist console just for co-browse only (without connecting the video).

I have disabled anonymous customer access, so at first I create consumer session with PHP scipt (as described in documentation in chapter "Restricted client access". Also tried without authentication, but with the same result.) and passing the session to assist sample page, I'm also using ?cid parameter in the URL. The  final URL looks like - "/assistsample/?cid=assist-12345&sessionToken=nrr%<output omitted>". On the agent side I just pass ?cid=assist-12345 parameter to the URL. The session gets connected without problems.

I tried many combinations using authentication/not using authentication, also tried to create empty page for customer side with just imported assist.js file and simple call to AssistSDK.startSupport(...) but the result was the same. So I think the problem is on the agent side, but can't figure out where

Thanks

Vojta

Hi,

Thanks for the information.  Can you try setting the following property on the configuration object that is passed into AssistSDK.startSupport(configuration):

• configuration.scaleFactor = 1

If you have done it as it is in the docs then the snippet would be:

• AssistSDK.startSupport({"destination":"agent1", "scaleFactor":"1"});

They scaleFactor is a value between 1 and 0.  Try a few different values and let me know if you see any difference when doing co-browse only.

Thanks

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

the scaleFactor parameter did the trick. The screenshare is now absolutely clear. Thank you.

Please, is there any documentation, where are these parameters described? i didn't find any document that would mention this miraculous "scaleFactor" param.

Thanks a lot

Vojta

I am glad this worked for you.

The scaleFactor is documented in the up and coming version 11 release but I agree that it is missing from the 10.6 docs.

Thanks

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

thanks again for the tip.

Is there any estimate on when the release 11 will be available?

Thanks

Vojta

Hi Vojtech,

The latest we have heard is that REM 11 will be available around the end of April 2016.

Regards,

Rob

Hi guys,

thank you to both of you for your help and time. I really appreciate it.

Thanks again and have a nice day

Vojta

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: