cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Consumer unable to interact with screen while screen share active

bcason
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Using the Expert Assist 10.6.2.0000-4 SDK, a consumer is unable to interact with their screen when co-browse is active. This seems to occur on all devices/versions. A stack trace that appears to indicate the issue is below. Is this expected behavior, if not can someone advice on how to resolve?

From com.alicecallsbob.assist.sdk.overlay.impl.AssistOverlayImpl():

public void init() {

this.windowManager = (WindowManager)this.context.getSystemService("window");

this.popup = new PopupWindow(this.getOverlayContent(), this.width, this.height, false);

this.popup.setTouchable(this.isTouchable);

this.popup.setOutsideTouchable(false);

}

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are certain UI elements in Android that we do not have access to so they won't display on the Agent side.  Basically the things you say, such as action tool bar menus and dialogs will not be shared as they are not part of an Activity's view hierarchy.

With the input fields do you mean they do not show in the form editor view or that you cannot click them from the Agent side?  Which input views behave like this?

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

huliving
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bradley,

I have just tested the Android 10.6.2.0000-4 version and I can interact with the device screen and the actions work as expected.  I can navigate the app etc, and also the agent actions translate across.

Can you give me the exact steps to reproduce? 

I made a call, then clicked request screen share on the Agent side and accepted on the android device.  I then clicked the test button on the android device which successfully opened up the Test Activity.

What devices are you testing with and which version of Android is on each of them?

Thanks

Hugh

hey, Hugh. We've managed to work through this issue, however there are still a couple quirks with how co-browse is behaving. The agent can't see or interact with any contextual menus, dialogs, and some input fields on Android.  We know that certain input fields are not supported for text fill, but should these elements be seen by the agent?I have a logcapture from the REAS for these calls, however it looks more like the issue is on the client side, so let me know if I can provide any additional detail to help troubleshoot.

There are certain UI elements in Android that we do not have access to so they won't display on the Agent side.  Basically the things you say, such as action tool bar menus and dialogs will not be shared as they are not part of an Activity's view hierarchy.

With the input fields do you mean they do not show in the form editor view or that you cannot click them from the Agent side?  Which input views behave like this?

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: