Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom presence-status

phuongthanhvo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I see Cisco Jabber desktop client has custom presence-status feature. It works as

1. User logins on machine A using Cisco Jabber desktop client.

2. Add custom status as following:

- At "Available" presence,  set status as "Available 1" and "Available 2"

- At "Away" presence, set status as "Away 1" and "Away 2"

- At "Do Not Disturb" presence, set status as "Do Not Disturb 1" and "Do Not Disturb 2"

3. Now the same above user logins on machine B using Cisco Jabber desktop client

4. Observe that all custom presence-statuses appear on Cisco Jabber desktop client of machine B

Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 2.43.46 PM.png

My question is how can I implement this feature using CAXL? other word how can I get all custom presence-statuses upon login by using CAXL?

Thank you,

Phuong Vo

3 Replies 3

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Custom status is local to the client.  There is no synchronization feature to propagate a list of custom status messages from one client to another.  In other words, you can't set a list of custom status messages on Jabber for Windows and then have them automatically appear as available status messages in CAXL.

Hi Nick,

Do you mean CAXL does not have ability to get custom status upon login if those custom statuses are set on other machine?

As I described, I used machine A to set custom statuses for my account and then login as my account on machine B (both use Cisco Jabber desktop clients) and I saw all my custom statuses on machine B. I am sure you can reproduce this at your work as well.

Thanks,

Phuong Vo

Hi Nick,

Do you have any update? I just download Cisco Jabber on my iPhone and login with the same user and all my custom statuses that I set on computer appearing on my iPhone as screen capture below.

IMG_7231.PNG

Thanks,

Phuong