cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable video track on audio calls

bcason
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would like to override the "hold man" image with html based UI resources when a call sets up with remote audio but no remote video. the "hasVideo" method always returns true, even when the remote user does not have video capabilities, and when i getVideoTracks from the remoteMediaStream object it also returns as having video tracks, so I have no way of knowing when a call sets up with audio only.

I have been able to achieve what I'm looking for by setting video.on.hold=false in the proxy.properties file. Then the remoteMediaStream object returns no video track and I can update my UI accordingly. However, when I do this, and I attempt to transfer the call to another phone that does have audio (ie. I move a call from an audio queue to a video agent) I get all sorts of SDP negotiation failures on the media broker and the call fails. Is this a supported configuration? Is there a better way for me to achieve this end state?

Thanks,
Brad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The video.on.hold=false is not a supported option. The reason REM has holdman is that Chrome cannot upgrade an audio only call to a video call. When/if Chrome finally supports video upgrade REM won't need holdman.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

robdoyle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brad,

Unfortunately there isn't an API call to determine if the video stream you are receiving is the "hold man" image.

Regards,

Rob

Hey, Rob. Setting the video.on.hold=false in the proxy.properties and using webRTC call getVideoTracks achieves what I am going for, however when I set video.on.hold=false, my calls fail due to an sdp negotiation error on the media broker when escalating from voice to video.

Is this setting supported? Are there any known issues with using it or patches for sdp errors relating to it? I am runnning REM 11.5.1.10000-17.

Thanks,

Brad

The video.on.hold=false is not a supported option. The reason REM has holdman is that Chrome cannot upgrade an audio only call to a video call. When/if Chrome finally supports video upgrade REM won't need holdman.

So it's a chrome support issue. Fair enough.Will find a work around another way. Thanks!