Views
Helpful
Replies

DX-70 and BFCP

wray.ferrell
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

My customer is asking me to do some enhancements to their infrastructure with regards to BFCP support. The setup is several CUCM running 8.6.2 and numerous DX-70s running 10.2(5). Currently the DX-70s are running Android 4.1.1, but they may be upgrading them to CE 8.3.1 in the next few months.

Just trying to understand how BFCP is supported and to that end I have been tracing the calls with the Cisco Real Time Monitoring Tool and Wireshark. On the initial INVITE/200 OK handshake I see both phones in the call negotiating a single audio channel, two video channels (main and slides) and BFCP. However when I press share on one of the DX-70s I see the other phone in the call send an INVITE to the phone that just pressed the Share button which is confusing me. Looking at the SDL logs and call trace I don't see anything that shows how the other phone knows the far-end just pressed the Share button. So a few questions I am hoping someone can help with:

1) Does this setup use BFCP to share the desktop? I read about the TIP protocol, but in Wireshark didn't see any RTCP packets using the APP extension. How can I ensure that the phones are using BFCP to share the screen?

2) Second what signalling is going on so that called phone knows the calling phone has pressed the Share button?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't know HOW it is supported, but I can see that it IS supported in CE 8.3.0 (and presumably 8.3.1).

Cisco DX70 Data Sheet - Cisco

Does this help?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12627756/understanding-binary-floor-control-protocol-bfcp-wireshark-packet-capt…