cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility API doesn't logout with CUCM 12.0

Flexcom99
Level 1
Level 1

I try to make a logout thanks to EM API : it works with CUCM 9.5, 10.5, 11.5 but not with CUCM 12.0.

The logout request is :

<request>

<appInfo>

<appID>admin</appID>

<appCertificate>XXXXXXXX</appCertificate>

</appInfo>

<logout>

<deviceName>SEP0123456789AF</deviceName>

</logout>

</request>

and the response is (with an HTTP 200 status code) :

Error processing request: null

The request is send to http://CUCM12IP:8080/emservice/EMServiceServlet with Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded thanks to a POST method (GET is tested also but doesn't work too). All others API calls work (login, userDevicesQuery, deviceUserQuery...).

I would like to know what has changed in the EM API for that particular version of CUCM ?

19 Replies 19

lior look
Level 5
Level 5

usefully each version of CUCM supports some previous axl versions but not newer versions.

try to work with the axltoolkit of the current release.

In addition, u can see all axl methods by download the axl schema or take a brief on the database dictionary.

see https://developer.cisco.com/docs/axl-schema-reference/

I've been able to reproduce the issue on CUCM 12.0

Thanks for reporting, we'll investigate..

Any news for this issue ?

Unfortunately when it came time to provide logs, my lab system had been reimaged, and I could no longer reproduce the problem.  We have another reported instance, but are waiting for logs.

If you can open a DevNet Developer Support ticket on the issue (you can reference my name, and internal ticket #  INFYAPPS-1683) and provide the following logs, it may help speed the investigation (and ensure we're troubleshooting your particular issue:)

• Cisco Extension Mobility
  • Cisco Extension Mobility Application

Does anyone have any updates on this issue.  Essentially EM logout using the API is completely broken on CUCM 12, including SU2.  Even if you attempt to use the http://{{IP ADDRESS}}/emservice/jsp/Tools/sampleloginapp.jsp tool on CUCM, logout does not function.  I Cisco going to fix this?  Is there a bug ID?

If you are able to reproduce the issue and can open a ticket with the above mentioned logs, that will greatly help

No logs are produced by the EM service when this error occurs. It appears a NULL value is being sent when a response is expected. This can be produced on any CUCM 12 version using the built-in sample login application as shown below.
[cid:image001.jpg@01D47770.D3037A50]
[cid:image002.jpg@01D47770.D3037A50]

We are experiencing the same issue and have opened ticket 685408302 w/ logs etc., but have gotten bounced around between TAC and DevNet support. We have customers who want to upgrade to CUCM 12.0, but our testing/certification and their upgrades are on hold until this gets resolved.

This is the issue with Cisco. Once you mention the work API, they send you in circles. The EM API is broken, and it has nothing to do with 3rd party applications. This issue can be reproduced using Cisco's Sample Login App and they still don't take ownership. In order to keep pace with their competitors, they need to change and start supporting the community using their APIs.

To update the thread: Cisco has received the appropriate logs and is now able to reproduce the issue internally. We have escalated to the engineering team for analysis.
From my own troubleshooting, it appears that somewhere between 12.0.1.10000-10 and 12.0.1.21900-7, the <logout> request is failing validation unless a <userID> element is included in the XML, e.g.:
<request>
<appInfo>
<appID>dstaudt</appID>
<appCertificate>password</appCertificate>
</appInfo>
<logout>
<deviceName>IPCMRAEU5UCM5X7</deviceName>
<userID>dstaudt</userID>
</logout>
</request>
You may be able to confirm the behaviour on your system. Not sure how or if this change is intended...my assumption is that it would be reverted to match previous versions and current documentation of the API, in which case a defect # and possible ES inclusion would be generated soon.

Just checking to se if there has been a CSC# defect number created for this yet. I don't see anything in the BugTrack tool.

It appears that the change was made as part of feature implementation for 'E/M login using primary extension and/or self-service ID': https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/212083-CUCM-12-X-Extension-Mobility-EM-and-Ext.html

The initial word from engineering is they would like to update the docs to indicate the new <userId> field is now required - we are following up to see if this field could be optional, and/or other possibilities for preserving backward compatibility for apps.

For now (and likely in future) you may want to explore providing the additional <userId> field as a workaround...

Thanks for the update.

<userid> is not backwards compatible with CUCM 10.x & 11.x, correct?

From my testing that is correct, I get an error if I try and include it.  Hopefully apps won't need to become version aware in order to create a compatible request; investigating more with engineering...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: