cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use REM advance sdk

edwin.ramana
Level 4
Level 4

I already followed the instructions in the guide (Cisco Remote Expert Mobile Version 11.5(1) Advanced CSDK Developer’s Guide).

But it didn't work, can you provide an example of how to make a call? just like the remort assist sdk.

I already downloaded the sample project but i dont really grasp how to make a call there.

Thx in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rach,

Thx for that

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

edwin.ramana
Level 4
Level 4

Now I can make a call but there's no video on the android app

any idea?

Hi Edwin,

Just to confirm is the android app not sending (to recipient) or not receiving video? Could you confirm what the other device is you are calling?

Cheers,

Rach D

Hi Rach,

The android device not receiving the video,

We're calling finnese on web, the video is working fine there.

I dont really sure how to set videosurface on my code,

Here's how I make the call samplecall.txt - Google Drive

Cheers,

Edwin

Hi Rach,

Now I can show the video but I cant move the video layout and there's no buttons for ending call/mute

Any idea? Please help.

Thx

rdavies1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Edwin.

Have you tried using the buttons from the sample app? or are you already modifying the sample code as part of your app?

Have you managed to go through our tutorials on the portal for this?

Cheers,

Rach D

edwin.ramana
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Rach,

I already am modifying the sample code as part of my app.

Where's the tutorial? Can you link it?

Cheers

Edwin

rdavies1
Level 1
Level 1

That's not a problem, that is the best way to learn.

Please find the link to the tutorials here: Cisco DevNet: Remote Expert Mobile - Developer Tutorials

Cheers,

Rach D

Hi Rach,

I can use the standard sdk,

Right now i'm trying to use the advance sdk, the link you just gave me is for standard sdk.

Cheers,

Edwin

rdavies1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Edwin.

Apologies. here is a link to how to deploy the sample app to use the advance SDK sample, would that be of better help to you? https://support.cafex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004667725-Sample-CSDK-App-Deployment-on-REM

Cheers,

Rach D

Hi Rach,

Sorry if I missed it, but I dont see how to use it in android app

Cheers

Edwin

Hi Rach,

Now I can make a call, but there's a problem

If the agent ends the call from finnese , OnStatusChanged in android doesnt get called.

Any idea? Thx.

Cheers

Edwin

Could you confirm how you are attempting to make the call?

And if you have set up the trunk through your software to link the two (I assume this is already done if you have been calling through from the previous app to finesse?)

Cheers,

Rach

Yes, I can make the call.

I can call the onStatusChanged method when I end the call from android app, but when I end the call from finnese it doesnt get called.

Cheers,

Edwin

Thanks Edwin,

Can you confirm what happens with your app when you end the call from the finesse side?

Cheers,

Rach D

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: