Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber SDK stopped working

olle.johansson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We've implemented Cisco Jabber SDK in our solution but all of a sudden it stopped working, without any code changes whatsoever.

We've tried searching but cannot find anything related to why it stopped working.

The code itself is almost a hard copy of the files from the JabberSDK-voice-video-Web-11.8.3 examples.

We get the error "eCapabilityMissing", but I cannot find what this is related to or caused by?

Since no code changes has been made, I wonder if the software itself was updated which in turn caused our solution to stop working?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The JabberSDK software doesn't auto-update.  But browsers do.  Perhaps your latest browser update introduced a compatibility issue.

I've ran the Sample file from https://developer.cisco.com/docs/jabber-web/#!get-started/windows and hosted it on localhost.

It works on Firefox (latest stable) but not on Chrome (latest stable), picture attached.

I cannot find any info saying Chrome Extension for Jabber not supporting latest browser. Any info if that is the case, which Chrome browser version is suitable for Chrome?

Our code only supports Chrome unfortunately, otherwise it would be an easy workaround.

Thanks in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: