cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

macro for control volume +-

Qinfra
Level 1
Level 1

my device Hardwear volume  button not working can you provide me a macro for control volume from the touch screen 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Okay, so if its a Desk Pro then try this

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

pescla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi, here is a macro i wrote for changing the volume of a microphone. It should be trivial to adjust it to change the volume of the speakers instead - feel free to ask if you encounter any issues.

Attached you will find the UI Extension code and the Macro code.

Hi, just wondered if you could help me with this. We have 5 microphones in a room that need sliders in the same fashion. Do I just replicate the existing config in the macro text file, paste it underneath and then just change the labels? Microphone[1] for example could just be changed to Microphone[2]??

youd need to check the webui and then settings->audio and video->microphones - the ID is not always just counting up, i.e. you could have 5 microphones but the id arent 1 to 5 but 3 to 8

but then yes, you just replace the ID

pescla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Also, it would be a good start to tell us what device exactly you are using, and how much prior knowledge you have of Macros & UI Extensions

devise its DX80 it's my first time use macro and UI Extensions I just configure touch button to control volume  

Okay, so if its a Desk Pro then try this

thank you it's working 

Sorry to revive this old post.

I have MX200/MX300 G2, Touch Panel buttons are faulty. Unable to Mute, and increase or decrease volume.

Device out of warranty so unable to do much, tried Factory Reset but no difference.

Attempted the above macro and ui extension, it doesn't work.

Not sure if this comment will reach you, but if you have free time and able to assists that would be really appreciated.

Ideally Macro and UI Extension for a Volume + and - button or slider, and a Mute/Unmute button that will appear both in default screen, and also in-call?

i dont have a MX200/300 to test on, but if its a more or less up to date roomOS version it should work regardless - what error messages are you getting in the macro editor when attempting to load the macro/UI extension?

I am getting:

Using the macro and ui for Desk Pro:

'Unhandled promise rejection' { code: -32602, message: 'Bad usage: Missing or invalid parameter(s).' }

using the other one:

'Unhandled promise rejection' { code: -32602, message: 'Invalid or missing Path argument' }

Hi, you have to replace the microphone ID as it varies on every system. This macro was an example and made for a room with two microphones (one in the front and one in the back) - in line 5 of the macro, try a few numbers from 0 to 10, or check xConfiguration Audio Input Microphone via CLI to see what ID your used microphone has

Hi,

I think the first macros for Volume is the one I am looking for, not the Microphone input.

Tried with the macro you have (1kb) along with the UI extensions. I am receiving the below error as indicated from the first message.

'Unhandled promise rejection' { code: -32602, message: 'Bad usage: Missing or invalid parameter(s).' }

Tried to change line 27 - Device : "Internal"  to other such as "InternalSpeaker" "Loudspeaker" etc, but no success.

*c xConfiguration Audio DefaultVolume: 30
*c xConfiguration Audio Input Microphone 1 Mode: On
*c xConfiguration Audio Input Microphone 2 Level: 22
*c xConfiguration Audio Input Microphone 3 Level: 22
*c xConfiguration Audio Microphones Mute Enabled: True
*c xConfiguration Audio Microphones PhantomPower: Off
*c xConfiguration Audio Output InternalSpeaker Mode: On
*c xConfiguration Audio SoundsAndAlerts RingTone: "Delight"
*c xConfiguration Audio SoundsAndAlerts RingVolume: 11
*c xConfiguration Audio Ultrasound MaxVolume: 20

I took a quick look - if you just want a widget where you can control the overall volume then this is what you want:

Hi pescla,

Thank you for your help and really appreciate you taking the time to assists me with this issue. I can confirm it is now working.

I have attempted to modify the code from "microphone adjust" macros you provided, but didn't work. After comparing the new code with the one i had, the difference is on line 28. so close.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: