Views
Helpful
Replies

(Please Help) Macro on RK+ CE 9.12+ for Multistream Mode

Anthony T
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I need help with creating a macro on a CE 9.12+ codec (Room Kit Plus), please.

What I want is a macro that will disable Multistream mode ("xConfiguration Conference MultiStream Mode: Off") when the codec dials a call to Webex (*.webex.com), and re-enable it when it is no longer connected to Webex.  These are on-prem registered codecs.

The reason for it is that the customer needs to be able to use local multisite even in a Webex call, and this setting, when On,  appears to prevent local multisite calls from working in a Webex call.

Due to the multisite usage, the codec could be in multiple calls, 1 or more local and 1 Webex at the same time, so the programming logic around determining if the codec is/is not in a Webex call, and when to turn off MultiStream mode is a bit complicated.

Although maybe a better way to make it would be to Disable MultiStream mode only when the codec dials out to something else while already in a call with Webex?  Not sure on that.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Alex Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @Anthony T,

I'm not a Room Kit expert but I've found some resources which may assist:

• Cisco Webex Room Kit - main page includes all configuration guides, downloads and data sheets plus getting-started guides, administrator guides and api reference guides.

(Once these sandboxes are replaced, just go to the  DevNet Sandbox catalog and search for 'Room Kit')

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: