cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PreviewView video tilted(advanced sdk)

edwin.ramana
Level 4
Level 4

So I'm trying to use PreviewView to show the client's face on client's device.

But somehow the video preview is tilted.

Any idea?

Thx in advance.

9 Replies 9

rdavies1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Edwin.

I'm not sure what you mean by tilted, could you please provide us with a screenshot?

Cheers,

Rach D

Like this

Screenshot_2017-09-22-08-36-08-520[1].jpeg

Thanks Edwin! 

I think we've come across this issue in the past, can you confirm which device is being used on the other end?

If it's not the web client could you attempt it against web just to see if you get the same results?

Cheers,

Rach

Hi Rach,

I used Lenovo vibe s1.

For now, I fixed this problem by using setVideoOrientation(270).

Cheers,

Edwin

Hi Edwin,

Thank you for the update, glad you managed to get it working again!

Cheers,

Rach

Hi Rach,

But It should be on portrait view by default right?

I'm worried that if I forced the video orientation manually, it won't work on some devices.

Cheers,

Edwin

Hi Edwin.

There is no default per say, it's whatever the other device is sending you. In this case it seems the Lenovo device is sending the landscape video which is causing this issue. By fixing the orientation manually you then ensure all devices are sending in portrait mode so it's quite the opposite to the above

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Rach

Hi Rach,

But the problem is I set the orientation using degree manually(270 degree to be exact). So when I rotate the phone to landscape the video is upside down. The documentation says that it will handle device rotation automatically.

Cheers,

Edwin

Hi Edwin.

Ohh, that doesn't seem to be right. Is there a possibility you can raise a ticket with TAC as this seems like it could potentially be a bug?

Cheers,

Rach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: