Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

REM 11.5 Advanced CSDK

Hello I created simple Web Application using CSDK REM 11.5. I noticed that after disconnecting the agent, the apllication is asking again share camera. I created this application according to "Cisco Remote Expert Mobile 11.5.1 - Advanced CSDK Developers Guide". It happens in this moment:

RemCSDKFF.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Lukasz,

Thanks for the code and apologises for the late response. We could reproduce the issue on firefox.

The problem seems to be triggered in Firefox because you have set PreferredVideoCaptureResolution after making the call.

We also set the PreviewElement on the UC.phone object rather than the call, which means the preview can be seen before the call (not so important in your case). After making these changes the pop-up is not displayed on call end on Firefox....

var hd720p = UC.phone.videoresolutions.videoCaptureResolution1280x720;

UC.phone.setPreferredVideoCaptureResolution(hd720p);

UC.phone.setPreviewElement(document.getElementById('videoRemPreview'));

call = UC.phone.createCall(numberToDial);

call.setVideoElement(document.getElementById('videoRem'));

Furthermore it is best to apply the PreferredVideoCaptureResolution before you make the call as the new resolution (and frame rate) only take effect for subsequent calls, and do not affect calls that are in progress.

You may also want to setVideoElement (remote video) in the call onInCall callback method as this is when the call is in progress including media.

Regards,

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

robdoyle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lukasz,

Apologises for the late response. I see you are calling call.end() within the call.onEnded() method which is not needed as the call is already ended. The onEnded callback is used to clean up the UI after the call has been ended on the remote side. Please remove this line and retest as we don't normally see the media request being made again. If the problem persists please let us know what browsers you see this with and if possible share your code or a cut down version of it.

Thanks,

Rob

Ok, I  removed this line but unfortunately problem was not fixed. Problem is for Firefox 49.0.2, Windows 8.1. Agent is using from JabberGuest 10.60

RemCode.JPG

Hi Lukasz,

I tested the code snippet you added to the ticket but couldn't reproduce the issue with FF 49, where the camera is asked for again on hangup. Could you provide the full code usage of the advanced CSDK API in your app?

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Lukasz,

Thanks for the code and apologises for the late response. We could reproduce the issue on firefox.

The problem seems to be triggered in Firefox because you have set PreferredVideoCaptureResolution after making the call.

We also set the PreviewElement on the UC.phone object rather than the call, which means the preview can be seen before the call (not so important in your case). After making these changes the pop-up is not displayed on call end on Firefox....

var hd720p = UC.phone.videoresolutions.videoCaptureResolution1280x720;

UC.phone.setPreferredVideoCaptureResolution(hd720p);

UC.phone.setPreviewElement(document.getElementById('videoRemPreview'));

call = UC.phone.createCall(numberToDial);

call.setVideoElement(document.getElementById('videoRem'));

Furthermore it is best to apply the PreferredVideoCaptureResolution before you make the call as the new resolution (and frame rate) only take effect for subsequent calls, and do not affect calls that are in progress.

You may also want to setVideoElement (remote video) in the call onInCall callback method as this is when the call is in progress including media.

Regards,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: