Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Expert Servers IOPS, sizing & video in queue licensing

carolmor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Team,

I am Working in a Remote Expert Mobile solution for BAC San Jose Costa Rica, the environment is:

• CUCM (today they have version 10.0 but they plan to upgrade to 10.5 for REM Solution, licenses are covered with SWSS)
  • UCCX (today they have version 10.0 but they plan to upgrade to 10.5 for REM Solution, licenses are covered with SWSS)

They need the REM solution for 25 concurrent agents working with Remote Expert Mobile, they also want high availability and video in queue, so I am building with VE Configurator the corresponding BoM,  but I have some concerns regard servers and licensing: - I was searching without success the IOPS requirements for Remote expert  Application Server (REAS) and for Remote expert Media Broker (REMB), I need this for sizing the VM in the servers. I just found this in the design guide: 

Deployment type vCPU   Reserved CPU resource RAM Disk space NIC
Small OVA (typical installation) 4 core 8400 MHz (4 x 2.1 GHz) 4 GB 40 GB 1 Gb

Deployment type vCPU Reserved CPU resource RAM Disk space NIC
Large OVA (extra performance & scalability capabilities) 8 core 16800 MHz (8 x 2.1 GHz) 8 GB 40 GB 2x1 Gb or
10 Gb

- and also in the same guide I found that REAS can be virtualized in the Small or Large OVA and REMB must be in the Large OVA, that is right? just wanna confirm if I can use for a production environment the REAS on the small OVA and the REMB for large OVA as is explained on the design guide. - also, in the design guide I don't see any requirement for virtualization of mediasense for video in queue, it is supported with REM all Mediasense OVA configurations (2vCPU, 4vCPU, 7vCPU) ?, this question is because I am trying to decide the servers sizing config:config 1:

• server UCUCS-EZ-C220M3S 1: to virtualized REMB 8vCPU node 1
  • server UCUCS-EZ-C220M3S 2:  to virtualized REAS 4vCPU node 1 and Mediasense node 1 (4vCPU Mediasense configuration)
  • Server UCUCS-EZ-C220M3S 3: to virtualized REMB 8vCPU node 2 for high availability
  • server UCUCS-EZ-C220M3S 4:  to virtualized REAS 4vCPU node 2 and Mediasense node 2 (4vCPU Mediasense configuration) for high availability

I have verified with VM Placement tool and Mediasense is supported on UCUCS-EZ-C220M3S server config 2:

• server UCUCS-EZ-C220M3S 1: to virtualized REMB 8vCPU node 1
  • server UCUCS-EZ-C240M3S 1:  to virtualized REAS 4vCPU node 1 and Mediasense node 1 (4vCPU or 7vCPU Mediasense configuration)
  • Server UCUCS-EZ-C220M3S 3: to virtualized REMB 8vCPU node 2 for high availability
  • server UCUCS-EZ-C240M3S 4:  to virtualized REAS 4vCPU node 2 and Mediasense node 2 (4vCPU or 7vCPU Mediasense configuration) for high availability

- finally I need to clarify the RE Mobile concurrent licenses, if I need the video in queue(Viq) functionally this needs REM licenses ?

for example the deployment will have 25 concurrent agents and 75 users in queue with video in queue, this scenario needs 100 REM licenses or only 25 REM licenses?

thank you very much for answers.

Carolina Morales

collab SE

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rugupta
Level 5
Level 5

Hi , RE Mobile licensing is based on concurrent active session. A license is consumed whenever an Agent is interacting with a customer (RE Mobile). RE Mobile Lic is not consumed when the call is getting a ViQ treatment. In your example above it consumes 25 RE lic. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

rugupta
Level 5
Level 5

Hi , RE Mobile licensing is based on concurrent active session. A license is consumed whenever an Agent is interacting with a customer (RE Mobile). RE Mobile Lic is not consumed when the call is getting a ViQ treatment. In your example above it consumes 25 RE lic. Hope this helps.

Hi Ruchi, can you help with the other questions about the servers sizing and about REAS virtualization?

Regards,

Thank you,

Regards

Carolina Morales

System Engineer

Enviado desde mi iPhone/sent from my iPhone

El 28 oct 2015, a las 11:54 a.m., rugupta <community@cisco.com<mailto:community@cisco.com>> escribi?:

Cisco Communities <https://communities.cisco.com/>

Remote Expert Servers IOPS, sizing & video in queue licensing

reply from rugupta<https://communities.cisco.com/people/rugupta> in Developer > Collaboration > Remote Expert Mobile - View the full discussion<https://communities.cisco.com/message/196412#196412>

rugupta
Level 5
Level 5

Yes small or large OVA for REAS and large for REMB as per design guide. I have looped in the technical team on another thread to help with some other question. For Mediasense please use their sizing guidance – its independent of RE Mobile.

On page 28 of the Design Guide, one large OVA node will be able to handle 45 non-transcoded sessions, and 5 transcoded sessions.

Please consider what you think you will need.

hi,

in this scenario, bottleneck is not license consumed, it is the limited capacity of REMB, right?

in non-transconding scearnio, if 75 calls in ViQ, so, REMB almost reached out to the limitation, right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: