Helpful
Replies

Run Guest sample on IOS simulator

Bticest_jt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm working on Jabber Guest IOS SDK.

When I run the sample, I got some error.

It confused me for hours.

I'm a beginner on this.

Just one question.

Jabber Guest SDK for IOS can only be run on IOS device? Is the simulator be supported?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The error indicates that the Jabber Guest framework component, which includes arm7 architecture compiled/optimized code, is unable to link for the simulator, which runs as an i386 architecture process on the Mac OS.

I believe this is a common limitation when working with media/graphics related app development for iOS, in general.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As I understand it, the Jabber Guest for iOS framework uses OS audio and video capabilities that are not possible to simulate.  Development should be conducted on a physical device.

What is the specific error you are seeing?

Hi, team,

If so, I had to pay $99.

Is it possible to make 'JabberGuest.Framework' fit for the simulate?

The Error:

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:

"_OBJC_CLASS_$_CJGuestCallViewController", referenced from:

objc-class-ref in CJSAppDelegate.o

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Thanks,

Jeff

The error indicates that the Jabber Guest framework component, which includes arm7 architecture compiled/optimized code, is unable to link for the simulator, which runs as an i386 architecture process on the Mac OS.

I believe this is a common limitation when working with media/graphics related app development for iOS, in general.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: