Views
Helpful
Replies

TC 7.3 Layout Bug? (C90 & Related API)

SubhashDoshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm trying to upgrade to TC 7.3 but I'm having issues with layouts being deleted when making a call.

On TC 7.2, I would use this to blank a local ouput (a monitor):

xCommand Video Layout Add LayoutId: X

xCommand Video Layout AssignLocalOutput: OutputId: 1 LayoutId: X

xCommand Dial ... (dial some number to make a call)

xCommand Video Layout list

(This would return the LayoutId: X as being created)

However, in TC 7.3, when I dial a call, any layouts assigned to local outputs get deleted and the call video is sent to all outputs.

Running "xCommand Video Layout list" after a call is initiated shows that the LayoutId: X no longer exists.

Is this a misuse of the API or an actual bug? I could definitely use the help as this has the potential to affect a lot of our customers if they want to upgrade to TC 7.3

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David_Bruun-Lie
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I can confirm that this is a bug in 7.3.0 it will be fixed in 7.3.1 out soon

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

p.ramazzotti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I confirm the problem, when the system connects to the remote site, resets layout, erasing any video setting.

Another question how can you clear the label "preview video in progress" on a yellow background?

Best regards

David_Bruun-Lie
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I can confirm that this is a bug in 7.3.0 it will be fixed in 7.3.1 out soon

Regards,

David

Hello David,

Thanks for the confirmation. Do you have an estimated release date for 7.3.1?

Also, is there a temporary workaround?

(I can only think of assigning all screens an unused layout that gets deleted when a call is made, and then reassigning the intended layouts after the call is made.)

Regards,

Subhash

I can only say soon.

The only workaround would be to use TC console to store the layouts you are creating dynamically in pre-defined layout families instead. This is the preferred model anyway rather than creating layouts on the fly. Lot less programming

Regards,

David

Hi David,

I saw that they released 7.3.1. I upgraded my system, now the problem of resetting the layout has been resolved, but when using the video compositor how can I remove the label "video preview in progress" on a yellow background?

Regards

Paolo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: