cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS API Licenses

kabrahams
Level 1
Level 1

I have written a windows forms application deployed on a few computers which leverages the API directly.  I'm getting the following error when trying to book a new conference:  "No more API licenses available as an error (using: 3).  For information on how to order more licenses, please contact Cisco.  Please try again or contact support."

The Documentation says you need an API license for each server using the license, but this is the only TMS server and I know this is the only application leveraging the API.  I also noticed that it worked for the first 2 users.  When I tried it for but not the third user is when I got this error.

Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was able to get in touch with some people at Cisco.  They said the API runs on a per socket connection.  Each API Integration License will grant the ability for one socket to be opened to the API, though they give you 2 just in case one doesn't close in time.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

RaymondNg1
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Kyle,

The TMS Booking API document says the following:

Licensing

One of the following licenses must be available to make full use of Cisco TelePresence Management Suite Booking API:

• One Cisco TMS Application Integration License for each server using the API.
  • One Cisco TelePresence Management Suite Booking API license per 25 registered systems.

Do you have at least one of the mentioned licenses?

Yes, we actually have 3 Cisco TMS Application Integration Licenses under the option keys (The full description is "Cisco TMS Application Integration License (1 servers)" ).

My question is how does the API know it's a server versus a regular user?  I'm passing in each user's ID as we have permissions on what folders / systems each user can see, and these requests are coming from each of their machines.

Someone from the Cisco TMS team should answer this question.

I am not able to provide any help on this matter.

I am planning on using the TMSBA this year, I would like to know the answer to your question too.

I was able to get in touch with some people at Cisco.  They said the API runs on a per socket connection.  Each API Integration License will grant the ability for one socket to be opened to the API, though they give you 2 just in case one doesn't close in time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: