cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to have local video and remote video in separate windows on chrome

omkar.kulkarni
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to have separate external windows for local preview video and remote video. In firefox I could achieve it with addPreviewWindow methods. But on chrome by docking external windows created with methods showCallInExternalWindow and showPreviewInExternalWindow this is not possible. When I call for having second external video window it updates previously created external window and creates pip feed in that window. Is there any way to have to separate external video windows and dock them to two separate elements on web page?

Also I observed in sample provided by Cisco separate local and remote video windows are appear in firefox but when using chrome during a call local window containing container gets hidden after call is connected. Screenshot for same is also attached.

I need my application to work with chrome. As createVideoWindow doesn't work with chrome I want to know following:

1. How can I have two separate video windows for local preview and remote video in chrome? Is it possible? !

2. If I can have two separate windows can I dock them to two different elements?

[WebSDK starting guide (https://developer.cisco.com/fileMedia/download/006949a5-ae49-47f3-978c-7ab9fe4cb4f3) doesn't show any API or way to do above things in section of Add Video Call Capabilities in an External Video Window ]

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Chrome does not support NPAPI plugins, which is the mechanism whereby the Jabber SDK provides the local/remote video windows in Firefox.  For Chrome, applications will need to use the external video window feature for video, though this is limited to a single window (with local/self-view video embedded as picture-in-picture.)