cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1.0.3.4 Upgrade repeatedly fails

gamccall
Level 4
Level 4

1.0.2.8 installed and running. Attempting to upgrade to 1.0.3.4 via the GUI. Upgrade apparently completed but I got an error An unknown error occurred when uploading. Please try to upload your patch again

So now when I, as instructed, try to upload the patch again, the loading bar jumps straight to 99% and gives me the same error immediately. There's no obvious way to clear out the failed upload and start again from scratch.

At the same time, a popup appears at the bottom right claiming that "Patch apic-em-upgrade-package-1.0.3.4.tar.gz uploaded; Manual update is starting", but this appears to be overly optimistic on APIC-EM's part, since no upgrade is actually taking place as far as I can tell.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you please execute the following from the Linux shell:

$ sudo rm –rf /srv/grapevine/replicated-storage/object-storage/chunks/pairtree_root/45/

and then try the upload again?

If you are prompted for the sudo password, it’s the same as the password for the grapevine user.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please attach rca log ?

For collecting rca log please refer to "Creating a Support File for the Cisco APIC-EM" section in the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/application-policy-infrastructure-controller-enterprise-module/1-0-x/deploy-guide/b_apic-em_deploy_guide_v_1_0_0_x.pdf

Thanks !

yawchen

It's a 450MB file, max attach size here is 90 MB. How would you like me to get this to you?

Can you please put on Dropbox, Box ...etc ?

Thanks

Posted to Dropbox.

Thanks,

Will get back to you once we have an update

Can you please execute the following from the Linux shell:

$ sudo rm –rf /srv/grapevine/replicated-storage/object-storage/chunks/pairtree_root/45/

and then try the upload again?

If you are prompted for the sudo password, it’s the same as the password for the grapevine user.

That resolved the issue and allowed me to reinitiate the upload. Thanks!

Please accept my feedback that the code upgrade process needs a better error recovery method =)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community