Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI - Websocket - Connection Refused or Handshake Error

Harish.Kamath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I can successfully login to APIC node via HTTPS.  I am now trying to open a Websocket connection to this node from JavaScript via web socket supported Chrome browser.

I have tried to open a Websocket session via "ws:" and "wss:" resulting into different errors.

"ws:" – failed with connection refused error

"wss:" - failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 404

Suspecting issues with my SSL, TLS configurations I have tried disabling SSL 3.0 and enabling TLS versions on my laptop.  But the results did not differ.

Case 1

var ws = new WebSocket("ws://<APIC URL>/socketBgZjfnCmXdwq/1Sebi0sbWfOU1d+uzO9heyMMvOeugrXlnfdapX1p0LRsBEvoVmhOAqeBdqJ0lFZVEpoAEjHAOZfdfX2Mb6PVW/DgTH6yVH21fIoUvKPudG8mvkU+/1Q3qM0j0mtQxcY22JMOz8Y5Ahdw2uIizAGSe7NcJglIG2FKwbUj5bEmNUToadMgy83");

WebSocket connection to

'ws://<APIC URL> /socketBgZjfnCmXdwq/1Sebi0sbWfOU1d+uzO9heyMMvOeugrXlnfdapX1p0LRsBEvoVmhOAqeBdqJ0lFZVEpoAEjHAOZfdfX2Mb6PVW/DgTH6yVH21fIoUvKPudG8mvkU+/1Q3qM0j0mtQxcY22JMOz8Y5Ahdw2uIizAGSe7NcJglIG2FKwbUj5bEmNUToadMgy83' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Case 2

var ws = new WebSocket("wss://<APIC URL>/socketBgZjfnCmXdwq/1Sebi0sbWfOU1d+uzO9heyMMvOeugrXlnfdapX1p0LRsBEvoVmhOAqeBdqJ0lFZVEpoAEjHAOZfdfX2Mb6PVW/DgTH6yVH21fIoUvKPudG8mvkU+/1Q3qM0j0mtQxcY22JMOz8Y5Ahdw2uIizAGSe7NcJglIG2FKwbUj5bEmNUToadMgy83");

WebSocket connection to

'wss://<APIC URL>/socketBgZjfnCmXdwq/1Sebi0sbWfOU1d+uzO9heyMMvOeugrXlnfdapX…G8mvkU+/1Q3qM0j0mtQxcY22JMOz8Y5Ahdw2uIizAGSe7NcJglIG2FKwbUj5bEmNUToadMgy83' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 404

I verified that the APIC_COOKIE is correctly concatenated with “/socket”.

I have tried looking for any possible policy enablement on APIC for Websocket but could not figure out any configurable policies.

Any guidance will unblock my task.

Thanks,

-Harish Kamath.

1 Reply 1

nyadunan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use wss, instead of ws

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community