Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM 1.3.0.4383 - Problems with Catalyst 3650

paradoxxl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm currently working on my semester project where I have to compare APIC-EM and ONOS for building campus networks.

For the cisco environment, we have a 1941 router, 2 Catalyst 3650 and 3 Catalyst 2960x. The router and the 2960 switches are in the managed status in APIC-EM.But I have problems with the 3650 switches. I have tried to integrate them using the following IOS:

03.07.07E: The device can be discovered (status, icmp, snmp, cli are green in the discovery page). But when I switch to the device inventory page, the status is set to DEV-UNREACHED which indicates tome problems with snmp. I have configured snmp exactly the same as it is configured for the router and access switch.

16.03.01a: I upgraded one of the 3650 switches with this version as 16.x is also recommended for APIC-EM. Now the status in the discovery page is different: ICMP, CLI is ok but I have an snmp timeout.

APIC-EM is installed on a cluster with 2 nodes. Each service is started at least once and CPU,RAM and Disk are not overloaded.

Does anyone have an idea on how I could proceed finding the error?

kind regards,

Dominik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aluktuke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dominik,

In your discovery, could you change the Timeout under "SNMP PROPERTIES" to 30 seconds? Probably your device is not responding within the timeout period.

You can find the Timeout parameter either in the "Add Credentials" part in discovery or in the controller settings that can be reached from the top right corner when the user id is clicked.

Thanks,

Ashutosh

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

aluktuke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dominik,

In your discovery, could you change the Timeout under "SNMP PROPERTIES" to 30 seconds? Probably your device is not responding within the timeout period.

You can find the Timeout parameter either in the "Add Credentials" part in discovery or in the controller settings that can be reached from the top right corner when the user id is clicked.

Thanks,

Ashutosh

Hi Ashutosh,

thank you for the solution. The 3650 switches (both running 03.07.07E) are now displayed as managed.

kind regards,

Dominik

This has been improved with 1.3.1 patch release.

Adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community