Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM 1.3 Failing Installation

nabil.netapp
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings all,

I am installing 1.3 on an ESX 6.0 with 32G RAM (planning on two nodes), 500G storage and one NIC, the installation is failing to a CLI without getting to the interactive menu.  Below is a snapshot of cli, any suggestions?

Thank you,

Nabil

pnp-cli.JPG

pnp-vm.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have noticed I was not installing the latest version, I downloaded the latest and did the checksum.  The installation went very smoothly even with a 2 node cluster, the combination resolved the issue.

Thanks a bunch for your suggestions.

Happy Holidays.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this the result of a standard installation?  You have not seen the config_wizard screen yet?

Yes, I land on this page before I get to the config_wizard, I tried multiple times with no luck.

Thanks,

Nabil

Hi

Are you mounting the ISO on the local data store?

Have you verified the MD5sum's?

Hi there.

the ISO is on the same datastore as the VM, the datastore is an NFS mount to an external storage.

I did not verify the checksum, is that a mandatory step or optional?  I can certainly do the check in the meanwhile.

Thanks,

Nabil

I also assume you are mounting the ISO as a DVD on the VM?

It would be good to validate the checksum of the ISO..   Deployment guide has the details.

Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller Enterprise Module Deployment Guide, Release 1.3.x - Cisco

Yes, I mount ISO and the installation actually kicks in, see the pictures below.  After sitting at the screen for a little bit, the installation drops to the command line.  I am in the process of validating the checksum now, I will report back shortly.

apic-2.JPG

Thanks.apic-1.JPG

Great.  That is correct.  The only time I have seen the installation bail out (if setup correctly) is if there is a checksum issue on the ISO.

I have noticed I was not installing the latest version, I downloaded the latest and did the checksum.  The installation went very smoothly even with a 2 node cluster, the combination resolved the issue.

Thanks a bunch for your suggestions.

Happy Holidays.

Great news, thanks for updating us.

Happy holidays..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community