cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM 1.3 release today?

John Palmason
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, I have read a thread that Adam R commented in last week that 1.3 would be released today, is today going to be the day? 

John Palmason

33 Replies 33

Will EasyQoS app run with 32GB available to the cluster?

Another way to ask - will base apps and EasyQoS run with two nodes or just base apps?

32g node is full function. Limited to 500 devices.

All applications

Sent from my iPhone

Hmm.. Upgraded and can't login.

What was the base release you upgraded from - 1.2.0.1594 or 1.2.1.691?

Do you get a generic login failure or any specific message?

Please clear the browser cache after the upgrade then login back.

is_alive: false is currently false for the host. I don't mean to hijack the thread. I'll keep troubleshooting and if it doesn't come back up after some basic fixing I'll start another thread.

brian.hooper
Level 1
Level 1

I see in the "General Limitations" Section that PfR is not supported with DMVPN tunnels in this release....If i am reading this correctly, does this state that in release 1.3, we cannot use/deploy IWAN and utilize PfR at the same time, since the IWAN transport is over DMVPN?

Hi Brian,

I worked out where the confusion is.

IWAN App does support PfR and DMVPN.   No question about this, I have been testing this for the past month.  There are quite a few enhancements to the resiliency and loging of the deployment process.

Path Trace will support DMVPN, but not PfR yet.  What this means is that Path Trace will show you the DMVPN tunnel, but does not (yet) look at the PfR information to see which path an application is using.

Adam

Yeah I think that needs clarified in the release notes if it's specific to the path trace app

I will get that fixed.

Thanks for the feedback.

brian.hooper
Level 1
Level 1

One other question regarding topology and deployment.  Does the APIC-EM collect the AVC and NBAR data used to calculate decisions for PfR?  Or does an APIC-EM deployment with PfR, AVC, NBAR, etc require a net flow collector like Prime or Live Action to make PfR decisions?  I can't seem to find the right answer.  Thanks!!

Hi Brian,

APIC does not actually collect the AVC data.  It does two things:

1) It configures the data export to a collector of your choice.

2) It has API integration into Prime Infrastructure (if you are using that as a collector) to show the data.

If you are using Prime Infra then you will get visibility in the IWAN App.

Adam,

Thanks for the reply.  I appreciate the response.  So, my follow on question is:  Is a netflow collector required for PfR to work?  Customer currently has solarwinds as its netflow collector, collector license for Prime is List 20k.

Hi Brian,

a net flow collector is not required for PfR to work.

Net flow gives you visibility into how the applications are performing.  It is really exporting the information that PfR has and uses to makes intelligent decisions.

As long as your collector supports the right flow templates, you can use any collector.  I know we  have tested PI + LiveAction.

In the IWAN App, you are able to enter the IP address of your collector and it will be added to the configuration to ensure the export.

The value of PI is the API integration to show the information natively in IWAN app.  You get apps and QoS graphs like you see below.

Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 8.52.01 AM.png

Adam

Perfect.  Thanks for the clarification!!