cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

apic-em 1.5.1.1054 cluster join fails

steffenwebb
Level 4
Level 4

I have 3 apic-em appliances. All three reinstalled from USB (waited for wizard).

The first I installed as a new cluster. Everything work fine, all services running etc

BUT when i do the wizard on the others and choose joining existing cluster, i seems that it connects fine to cluster and syncs. But when the new host tries to finish updating local ntp it fails.  if i retry another fault appears. This also happened with the third apic. I am loosing hair on this. Actually i reinstalled the first apic twice (with reset_grapevine). The two others get stuck if you exit the wizard and reboots. Then the grapevine user password is lost in space.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

3 Replies 3

steffenwebb
Level 4
Level 4

I see that the apic2 & apic3 does not have a default route, so thats the reason for why the installation /join won't finish cause of ntp is not reachable.

I can't add a default route since the password for the grapevine user is not synced. Does the cluster use an internal grapevine password when syncing?

I can ssh from APIC1 to the others, but still the password is wrong

-Steffen

steffenwebb
Level 4
Level 4

Just reinstalled again. Same stupid NTP error and installation does not configure default gateway.

Capture4.PNG

steffenwebb
Level 4
Level 4

It seems like that APIC-EM-1.5.1054 has an installation issue !!

Moving NTP server to same subnet at the controllers, APIC2+3 are able to finish installation and join. Gateway at later stage, which is the reason that they can't reach beyond their own subnet. Attached screendump after installation

Capture5.PNG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community