Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM Bug disclosure

I believe that I have found a bug with the upgrade from 1.2 -> 1.3 related to passwords.  How do I open a ticket so that my findings can be validated and turned into a caveat?

yKC.%'8J5Ai!!l^45y=|

The password was somehow corrupted during the upgrade and i was forced to reset the password.  The password was autotyped using Keypass so there is no chance that i was mistyping the password.

As you can see the password contains some special characters that may be troubling like the pipe.  The password is supposed to be hashed in the database upon creation so the special characters should not make a difference. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rkanda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Justin,

It would be great if you can open a TAC case and have TAC look into this problem. If this is a bug then they should be able to file the defect and give you the ID to track.

Thanks

Ramit

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Justin,

I have raised this with the PM team.  You should hear from them soon.

Adam

rkanda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Justin,

It would be great if you can open a TAC case and have TAC look into this problem. If this is a bug then they should be able to file the defect and give you the ID to track.

Thanks

Ramit

I've tried this route already, but TAC requires a serial number or contract number.  Neither of which I have.

I'll try to dial into TAC again and see if i make any progress opening a case.

Hi Justin,

Are any of the network devices you are using with APIC-EM have TAC support on it? If so, you just need to provide them the serial number of that device or the actual contract number under which that device is covered and you will auto qualify to get support for APIC-EM. Let us know if you run into any issues.

-Ramit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community