Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM GA ACL Provisioning

gh0st1986
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was checking couple of presentations where they were talking about ACL provisioning on the devices using APIC-EM. I tried to do the same thing in sandbox environment but for some reason some options were not available in the menu, to be clear "Policy" menu is missing.

My goal is to write a simple ACL and push it to a device. If anybody knows how to do it please reply.

Thanks,

DG

4 Replies 4

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please share the doc that you are referring to ?

Delete policy function is there. If not, then you might be using old version. The latest version is 1.2. The always on Sandbox url is

https://sandboxapic.cisco.com

By the way if you are using DevNet Sandbox always on lab then you cannot really push ACL to a device because it's DB only, there is no real device. You need to use reserved lab.

Hi yawchen,

Thanks for the reply.

I was refering to this presentation http://www.cisco.com/assets/global/DK/seminarer/pdfs/cisco_tech_update_apic-em_sdn_18_og_20_august_2015.pdf

In the sandbox, I am using minilabs which have couple of real network devices, I am doing discovery then I have no idea how to configure them with ACLs APIC-EM.JPG

I found how to enable EasyQoS menu but it still does not have what I need.  I have very little experience with APIs but if there is a way to do it that way please share it.

Thanks

DG

Like Adam said that document is referring EFT version and the GA version (te one in Sandbox) doesn't support ACL in policy.

You can find the latest APIC-EM documents here - Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller Enterprise Module - Install and Upgrade Guides - Cisco

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think that must have been the (early field Trial)  EFT2 code.

I am sorry, but we do not currently support ACL in policy in the Generally Available (GA) code.

We do support ACL analysis in Path Trace.