Replies

APIC-EM IWAN App - We Can not provision a Branch

pablosorella
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We have the following scenario,

one HUB with two routers that were provisioned OK

And one branch with only one router with two links simulating a MPLS link and Internet Link.

IWAN app version 1.4.1

Router IOS XE 3.16.05

We have ssh connection between the Apic-EM and the branch.

When we launch the provision it starts ok but after minutes the FAIL error message appears.

ErrorResponse {errorCode=NP_101, message=Connection to device 198.20.1.6 timed out using protocol ssh2, detail= {"198.20.1.6":{"errorCode":"NP_101","message":"Connection to device 198.20.1.6 timed out using protocol ssh2","detail":"FAILED : Error in running XDE Procedure, Error Message::Failed to establish ssh2 connection to device- Cause : Connection refused or timed-out."}}}

Can anybody say what is the solution?

7 Replies 7

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the overlay IP address range routable from the APIC-EM?

IWAN app will configure a loopback from the IP address range you specify in the address pool.  During provisioning it will switch over from communicating to the device  from the physical interface to the loopback on the router.

Has loopback47233 been configured.

Is it reachable from the APIC-EM?

We are experiencing the same issue, unable to deploy a branch office, This is the error message we are receiving.

"Underlay and Overlay configuration is site XXX failed. Save startup configuration failed for device xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" Detail Internal Error occurred in IWAN service

We are seeing the same issue in 1.5 with an NP_500 error. Has anyone found the cause or a work around?

Hello, i have a same scenerio. I have this APIC EM configured in DC. my branch sites are on MPLS with no routing protocol enabled. how can we make router WAN IP reachable to APIC EM and then LOOPBACK IP. bit confused as we have proposed complete static routing on MPLS cloud. DO we need to ask SP to publish these routes for us ? it would be a cumbersome process

please suggest

Hello!

I am experiencing a similar problem, I got the below error:

Underlay and overlay configuration in site xxx failed 

PKI configuration failed for site Y.Y.Y.Y

The APIC wasn't able to provisioned any kind of configuration to the branch, even the Loopback wasn't created.

Do you have any suggestion?

Best Regards,

Please open a TAC case as you most probably hitting https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvk38328

Thanks Stefan you are rigth the TAC confirmed that is because the Bug you sent me.

Best Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community