cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Apply EasyQoS to Single Device

Brian Luger
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running APIC-EM version 1.5.1.1054. Is there a way to apply EasyQoS policy to a single device in a scope?

Thank you,

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is there a concern about re-applying a policy when you add the device to an existing scope?

I just checked and only differences will be sent to existing devices in the scope.

It should just update the device that you added to the scope.

Adam

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian,

could you create a new scope, drop and drop the device into the new scope and define the policy on the new scope?

Adam

Adam,

Thank you for the response. I believe I could do that, but the problem is that I've created scopes based on buildings. When a new switch is brought online, I'd like to drop that switch into the scope for the building it's in and push the policy for that scope to the new switch.

Maybe my approach needs to change? I can try to create a scope just for new switches. The scopes purpose will only push QoS, then I can move the switch to the scope for the building it's located in?

Brian

Is there a concern about re-applying a policy when you add the device to an existing scope?

I just checked and only differences will be sent to existing devices in the scope.

It should just update the device that you added to the scope.

Adam

That's what I thought should happen.

I'm running 1.5.1.1054. When I reapplied the policy, all the switches that were green and had the policy applied have now errored out and are red. I am going to upgrade to 1.6.x and see if that doesn't fix this issue.

Out of curiosity, what version are you running?

Thank you for your insight on this.

Brian L.

Edit :

After upgrading to version 1.6.0.30151, I'm not seeing the same behavior when I reapply the policy.

Thanks again Adam.

Hi Brian,

APIC-EM Version 1.5.0.1368.  I had not got around to upgrading.

Does it tell you why the devices are red?  If you hover over it, there will be a message to say why it failed.

Adam

Adam,

Below is the error I was given :

IP Removed:NP_500:Unable to push configuration to device ip IP Removed:FAILURE : [QoS configuration failed while pushing a CLI to the device: <![CDATA[%Tunnel1 used by PIM for Registering, configuration not allowed]]> null]. Device configurations were successfully restored to original version.

I removed the IP Address from the message, that's what the underline is indicating. Probably not necessary.

Brian L.

That seems like an issue with the QoS config being applied to the device.

What is the tunnel1 interface?  Was that added post EQ deployment?

That's the strange thing...there was no tunnel interface configured on these devices.

very strange.  Are you able to open a TAC case on this?

Hi Brian,

Did you ever figure this out? I have a similar issue and the error message is not particularly helpful

Turns out that removing and re-adding the device from the Device Inventory fixed the issue
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community