Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot add device in inventory

mario.malenica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

First, I tried to add device using discovery range option, and device was found successfully (SNMP, CLI, everything was correct) but device wasn't shown in Device inventory.
After that, I manually added device using Add device option in inventory, and in this case device appeared in Inventory but some interfaces were missing. I deleted device, and tried again with Discovery and Add device option. Via Discovery, same thing as first time, via Add device option I'm getting message: "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (device IP address) already exists in inventory with ip-address", but when I try to find device in GUI,or via API queries /api/v1/network-device  and  /api/v1/interface/ip-address/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx it doesn't exist. If someone know the reason why this happens, please help. 

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

The devices are still in the GUI but have not been discovered completely by DNA Center.  I found the devices at the end of the 'All' list inventory, with Device Name as 'N/A' but the IP address was correct.  Check the device, edit, validate, update, then resync the device to have the device show as an assignable device under a designated category.