Views
Helpful
Replies

CMX 10.3 XML Format

ericn84
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Trying to migrate to the CMX 10.3 as we need AeroScout tag data and have run into a bug with 8.x where I am losing random tag data for hours at a time. We went to convert our integration tool to the 10.3 instance but found the REST API in 10.3 is not accepting the application/xml format. Was XML droped in CMX 10.3 REST API's? Hoping the answer is no because otherwise we need to rewrite our integration application.

5 Replies 5

matfarre
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Eric,

Both JSON and XML is supported in CMX 10.3 REST API, just need to specify Accept application/xml in the header of the call.

Matt

I did try adding that and I get a 406 Not Acceptable when I do application/xml. If I change it to application/json, it works without any errors.

CMX.jpg

Hi Eric,

Maybe only Streaming notification JSON/XML are support.  I see in the release notes for CMX 10.1 under Standards Based REST API the following,  "Input and output of API uses the standard JSON format."  That would indicate only JSON.

I apologize for not knowing this for sure, and will reach out the the CMX BU folks for verification. 

Matt

Eric,

Got a reply - Both are supported, but we see 95%+ of developers using JSON.

Let me see what we are doing wrong.  I will follow-up soon.

Matt

Eric, 

Have you had any luck with getting XML responses from the latest API?  At this point I think we should open a bug ticket against the API, getting error while using  Accept: application/xml header.

Let me know,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: