cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Spaces Location of Clients

sguzzetti
Level 1
Level 1

I am using https://dnaspaces.io/api/location/v1/clients?ipAddress= to retrieve location information.  It works great passing in an IPV4 address, but when passing in a IPV6 address it always returns all clients as if I didn't pass in an IP address at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Stephen

8 Replies 8

miczhao
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like that colons in IPv6 address (fe80:0000:0000:0000:14c4:5dbb:b53d:b71f) make search to match substring between colons. It should be a bug in the code. Will look into a fix.

Thanks for you help with this.

Actually you can pass "searchType=wildcard" parameter to tell the API to perform correct match. API would be like:

/api/location/v1/clients?ipAddress=2001:1948:0212:11d8:e583:bbbf:4dcf:10d0&searchType=wildcard

Please try and let mw know whether it is working

That worked the first time.  So then I tried with the searchType=wildcard on an IPV4 address which did not seem to work.  No errors, just an empty json response.  When I plugged back in the same IPV6 address that worked the first time, it too now just returns an empty json response.

{
    "results": [],
    "querystring": {
        "ipAddress""####:####:####:####:####:####:####:####",
        "searchType""wildcard"
    },
    "success"true,
    "morePage"false
}

And now it's working again.  I've noticed a lot of time when I get an empty json response back, that if I wait 15-30 minutes and make the same postman call, I then get results back

Can I get the tenantId that you are testing?

Just getting back to this.  It's been a long time, but our on prem MSE's are now having issues.  Has there been any resolution to this issue?

Thanks