Views
Helpful
Replies

Download Config via Smartphone PnP App

Haribald
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can I download the final configuration (not a boostrap) with the Smartphone PnP app from APIC-EM (v1.2)

without an active console connection to the network device ? This might be useful if there is no mobile coverage

where the network device is located. In this szenario, I can download the configuration to the Smartphone PnP app  in advance and

apply the configuration in a second step to the network device.

If yes, how is the procedure?

A second question (not related with the question above): If I don't provide a bootstrap file but only a configuration file, will the config

file be applied by the Smarphone app right away?

thanks very much for your help

1 Reply 1

sairasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can upload the config under bootstrap in APIC-EM and when you deploy it to the device, it will apply the entire config. This is not recommended since you don't want to give the mobile app user access to your entire config but just the bootstrap.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community