cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flow Analysis Status Failed for APIC-EM Always-on Sandbox

turtlectis
Level 1
Level 1

** edit: can we pls move this topic under devnet sandbox? I'm still noob and this is my first post. sorry for any confusion. 

Hello all, 

I'm practicing Hank Preston's net prog basics video course. I was looking at python code on netprog_basics/network_controllers/apicem/troubleshoot_step3.py where the program should list the hops on the way between source and destination.

However, I'm getting status failed for my GET request (see below), anybody else experienced this as well? 

{
"response": {
"request": {
"sourceIP": "10.2.1.22",
"destIP": "10.1.15.117",
"periodicRefresh": false,
"id": "beae3cb8-d6ee-4072-b885-725ca9eee094",
"status": "FAILED",

EDIT: so in response body, I see failure reason 
failureReason": "Unable to retrieve links for  AP - AP7081.059f.19ca [ cd6d9b24-839b-4d58-adfe-3fdf781e1782]"

when  I check the AP, I see interfaceCount as null. Also, GET request to /interface/network-device/{{id}} returns 404, data not found. could it be the reason for status: FAILED?  

1 Reply 1

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Always on APIC-EM Sandbox doesn't have "live" network devices. What you see is the snapshot of network data at a particular moment - a static DB. I think the outcome of script you observed maybe true.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community